Painting Gurus

vega

Alright quick q for all the paint guru's (first off i have been painting for a while so this is nto that kind of dumb q) -

The new 2006-2007 mitsubishi eclipse has a color choice called sunset pearlesent.

What is the closest non-mitsu color out there i could use? Any ideas? paint codes? paitn names by who? And i like cheap GOOD paint - duh.

i have never done a scane before- the deal is it is a pearl so it flips in the light fairly drastically will the scan be able to catch that EXACT paint- cause if got a brochure deal- the code is M03.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...px?year=2006&m ake=Mitsubishi&model=Eclipse

this is just touch up paint though- i need at least a gallon.

also what i mean is like there is a version of brandy wine candy that everyone has there own verision of it. I want to know if there is a paint that is close that is another companies verion that is already out there. But for the sunset not the brandy..........if you catch me

thanks in advance all.

(did not know what forum to post this in)

Members dont see this ad

if the bitsaremissing color is what you want why are you looking for a color thats like it? just go to the auto paint supply shop and buy a gallon (what the hell is that!!) of sunset pearl, JOB DONE (and if you want extra effect, do it in the clear coat)

if the bitsaremissing color is what you want why are you looking for a color thats like it? just go to the auto paint supply shop and buy a gallon (what the hell is that!!) of sunset pearl, JOB DONE (and if you want extra effect, do it in the clear coat)

That's BASICALLY what i am going to do- i am looking for a paint code that is JUST a base coat- not a candy not a pearl or metalic. Because that's EXACTLY what i plan to do- i plan to do a gold metal flake with this as the BASE COAT-and then an orange pearl effect IN THE CLEAR- as you said.

BUT i am having a hard time finding the base color that is like that- burnt orange is close but to orange and needs more red for example.

Spreak to someone at a crash shop or someone that does custom spray jobs. Tell them what you told us and they should be able to get the right colour for you (since their job is all about paint-matching anyway).

category : Passenger car

car maker : MITSUBISHI

code : S29

color : SUNSET BEACH-MET.

from-to : 2006-2007

panel : 772556

paint system : 293_Permacron Vorlack

formula date : 14.03.06

amount : 1.0 litres

COURSE SILVER

BLACK

OXIDE RED

WHITE

BLUE just put these here to let you know what tinters are in the formula

this isyour colour you are after it is a metallic but you can still put the flake over the top go to any paint shop and they can help you out just ask for some thing cheap like protec or standox or a wellknown cheap paint hope this can help if you are after pics of the gold flakes i can help you out i have the HOK custom folder

cheers jamie

Edited by ke55rolla