Your K Motor Supercharging Recipe

I'm wanting to build a s/c 4K ,I'm thinking 4K efi ( if i source one),or suck thru su or weber & of what size?,I have extractors, elec dizzy, tighe #113 cam (in the post ),performance springs CB4 valve springs (in the post also),should i go double spring and get the CB4A springs as well. would a toyota sc12 supercharger be the best suited , Ideas to mod or mate together the crank pulley to suit, intercooling with efi but not suck thru.i will be building the 4K to suit ,piston,head gasket & bearing recommendations please.......i want to put together the s/c set up & fit it & the cam to my 3K whilst I'm building the 4K block. would there be any value in fitting the cleaned up & rebuilt 4K head to the 3K to run lower compession on that . can we get oversize valves for the K series or do i need to cut & shut another type...Ive found a lot of info here and other forums. would like input to get a general opinion from those who have gone down this path , or hopefully know more than I. CHEERS :)

Members dont see this ad

Ive built 3 now using sc12 superchargers, I had a 2T-GEU with a SC12 running around 8 PSI boost blowing into the throttlebody with a bypass valve, Leigh now owns the engine in projects and rides. That had heaps of lowdown torque and went verywell, but is a little noisy with the bypassvalve (plumbback BOV) it is needed to vent the boost on idle and most revs below 2000rpm and the blower intake is open to suck air and will contuine to produce boost against a almost shut throttleplate.

The 4K used 4K-e EFI manifold and was blow thoughthrottlebody too and sufferd from the same noise level and was defected for that reason, but the BOV's where small (person i was building for was a tight ass) and they where not plumbed back. running 10psi, 3-4psi at just off idle and full 10 at 3000ish

Last one is the first 4K-E totaly redsinged and rebilt into a diffrent car (my brothers) that uses the throttlebody on the intake of the blower and you would think is sounded standard, quiet as a mouse :) so no trouble there, it does seem a little laggy down low and really only starts producing boost at 3000ish and only 4 psi and 8-9 around 6500.

pictures etc in rides under supercharged ke70

cheers for that i will check out the ke70 in rides,i was thinking of running a pod on the s/c inlet with around 6psi sucking thru the s/c,with a gfb stealth bov in the piping up to the standard 4KE t/body and manifold good or bad?. whats up with the NZ 4KE t/b ,old corolas on toymods says go smaller with the t/body?

when you have done it youll understand how much noise this setup makes, i used plumb back on my 2t using a Bosch plumb back and the way the BOV works in this setup is its always open at low revs so you get a SSSHHHHHHHHHHH once the revs come up the plenum has boost it will close the BOV and youll get boost. Just the air going through the valve in the BOV as it really isnt a smooth flow makes noise.