Detionation On A Cr Of 10:1

Hi All,

I am looking at modifying a 4K motor to put in to a KE30. But I see when people put the 3K head on the 4K motor it goes to 10:1 CR. With this do you guys have to use high octain fuel or do you use the standard pump fuel?

Also in morris minors they had a water mist injection to stop detonation. If we use a CR of 10:1 could we use this set up so we only need to use standard fuel if we don't want to or can't afford high octain unleaded at 98?

Cameron

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Hi,

My dad and me were toying with water injection and with some infomation we got it said the water does take up space and raise the comp more but it also turns to super heated steam and helps cool the motor and valves giving them more life. But the info also said it is good for high CR motors eg forced induction with pinging as some how it delays the fuel from burning or something some how and inturn gets it to ignite closer to TDC or where it is meant to light. As a few cars ive seen have it and it sdoes make a difference and since it takes up room in the cyclinder it does give slight power increas as it helps the fuel burn.

Cameron

P.s. google water injection you will find heaps of info. I am thinking of doing it to the corolla as it was an option you could get ona morris and for my 4K motor I'm doing up with a shaved head where ill be upping the CR ratio prob to 11..or 10 ill need water so i can run normal fuel.