June 3, 20251 yr comment_738045 Hi guys, I just purchased this 4K with a 5 speed bolted up to it, I think it may have been in a van originally, and I thought they all had flat top pistons. Any ideas? Report
June 3, 20251 yr comment_738046 Hi Tony, Have a read through this post, about 8 years ago, where this subject was covered. https://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/73368-4k-change-pistons-to-flat/ https://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/40853-what-pistons-are-these/#comment-433565 There are two types of 4K blocks. You have a simple 4K block. There is another 4K-U block, which developes more HP. I have one of those in my KE-30 2 door. There is a picture in the Toyota yellow K Series engine repair manual, which shows a picture of the mark on the piston, that must be positioned to the front of the engine. It depicts two A & B type pistons; the only difference; one being flat topped; & the other is partially dished; exactly the same as your photo. The little single dot indentation in your pistons, should point towards the front of the engine. There was also a 4K-C engine produced, that according to the Toyota workshop manual; were only exported to Australia & Sweden. The C, usually meant that the engine complied to Californian emissions regulations; as that state was, I believe; was the first state in the USA, to create emission requirements for gasoline engines. Cheers Banjo Edited June 3, 20251 yr by Banjo Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now