Good Cb Channels

Members dont see this ad

Channels 39/40 are generally trucking channels

When cruising we normally stick to Channel 16, though you can use anywhere from Channel 9 - 30.

Channels 1-8: Repeater Channels (Channel 5 is an emergency channel for simplex use, and repeater use where one exists).

Channels 9 - 30: Calling Channels (Used for local communication)

Channels 31-38: Repeater Uplink Channels (Don't speak on the uplink channel, speak on the repeater channel).

Refer to the picture below to see how the repeater works.

duplexexplain.gif

If anyone knows I've stuffed any of this up in any way, feel free to correct me..

GME Electrophone TX4400, quite the nice unit if you really mean business when it comes to your CB radio..

5 Watt

Standard 40 UHF CB Channels

20 Programmable receive only channels (465MHz - 485MHz) - Police & Firecom Channels

Built in scan function

LCD display

MADE IN AUSTRALIA

The police never tell you where the speed cameras are, If you want to find out though, stick to channels 39/40 when your on the highway, I do a lot of highway driving and its saved me quite a few times sticking on channel 40. As for the police channels, its more entertaining than anything else to listen to.. hearing about bogans ripping skids in some carpark and throwing firecrackers out the windows etc..

my mate used to have his little desktop scanner (from the 80's) listening to the coppers at yamanto relaying it through msn to me (as text). There was some freaky stuff going down.

He didnt so much want a scanner to avoid the cops (as nice as that is) but its good entertainment!