Introduce yourself

where are you from?

What beast do you drive?

The search button is your freind. :D

hi friend.. i have starlet of 70`s 2 doors whith 2tc

tranny 5 speeds and diff ae86

but i want a t04 but i need info about pistons

what pistons I must use for this turbo?

my english it`s so bad because i live in panama in south america and my real lenguage is spanish

hey hey

i found this for ya it might help.

The block was bored out from 85mm to 88mm to fit Mahle VW forged pistons. This mod brings the displacement out to 1702cc and drops the compression ratio from 8.6 to 7.2 to 1. The rest of the block is totally stock as is the crankshaft.

linky time. http://www.sdsefi.com/techmods.htm go to it it has a fair bit of info on a 2tc.

cheers des. remember google is your new freind. :D

hey hey

i found this for ya it might help.

The block was bored out from 85mm to 88mm to fit Mahle VW forged pistons. This mod brings the displacement out to 1702cc and drops the compression ratio from 8.6 to 7.2 to 1. The rest of the block is totally stock as is the crankshaft.

linky time. http://www.sdsefi.com/techmods.htm go to it it has a fair bit of info on a 2tc.

cheers des. remember google is your new freind. :D

but the vw is a a old beatle?

find some Mahle VW forged pistons or something very simalar and bore out your cylinder.thats what they did on that site and it worked so you can try that or do your own google search.

here ya go some pistons for ya. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=107832

you just want the pistons not the cylinder.

Edited by too quick

• 1 year later...
hi people i need info to pistons of 2tc turbo?

what pistons you use for 2tc with turbo t04 10-15psi of boost?

What questions me is why would you wanna turbo a 2tc 1.6L vs a 3tc 1.8L?

If you turbo a 2tc, you won't get much out of it because the crank only goes so much lenght, unlike the 3tc crank gives the full motion for the piston going top to bottom motion.

Well anyways, go with 8.5 - 9.0CR piston for turbo for more boost capability. You can also go with your stock size 85mm piston or you can upgrade to 87mm or 89mm. I say 87mm is moderate size. if you go 89mm, your cylinder wall would be too thin and can can break when you have put too much boost due to so much pressure.