Alternator Wiring

76 Yota

I noticed the wiring for the alternator was disconnected, but I'm not sure what hooks up where. As you can see from the picture there are 4 wires that are close to the alt. They must all go to the alt as they are the only wires within close proximity to the alt. The far bottom left wire(cream colored) I believe goes to the post. o nthe back of the alt., but am looking for agreement. This wire disapears into the wiring loom, and shows itself back at the positive battery post. That's assuming it is the same wire anyway. I'm not sure what the yellow/black stripe wire goes to, and the red and green wire had a molex connector that broke off. I'm assuming this went to the alt. as well.

I need clarification on the following:

red/green - goes to the instrument cluster. Which would explain the CHG light on in the dash. I would need to buy a molex connector to replace the one broken.

cream colored - goes to the battery positive. It looks like it goes to a relay that is located next to the battery.

yellow/black stripe - ????

Any help would be nice!

DSCN1918.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Whats the car ?

Apart from that my first guess would be that this 2 go together. Generally the charge wire (the wire that goes to the battery) is larger then the rest of the wires and its normally connected/bolted to the alternator by a ring connector.

post-1432-1201681212_thumb.jpg