Dori Boxie In South Africa

jap spec

Hey guys, thought i should share with you my boxie corolla that i have.... been checking out stuff on the forums for awhile now, contemplating on what to do and so on, and i recon I'm getting closer to a decision... My boxie is a 1973 model... i got it from the son of an old lady that could not drive any more due to age and her sight... the car is baby blue and when i got it had 84k on the clock... Minter.... being old though, she tended to like scrapping the front guards on her garage walls, but other than that, nothing wrong.... I have got new fenders, also new light surrounds, and bumpers for it, which i havent put on yet.. the plan was jsut to get it back to original, but now after seeing all the crap you guys get up to...it looks like fun.....

First on the list to get, is the quad lamps...i just love the jdm stuff, love it... i think it makes the car, and being in South Africa, its gonna be a first for sure..

next on the list.... the jdm front lip spoiler... i think its the madhouse one???.. still trying to find where to get it..can you guys help?? Also, i love this lip...and with the quads and lip...perfection...

can't have those without the fender mirrors... Is the typical cool, or you guys over these types of thinga over there...i just don't see them here thats probably why i dig them that much....

For wheels, i got 16 x 7 old skool ewings... gonna try get them widened so the car looks P H PHAT.... i'll see though, would be nice to get some wide 14's or 15's maybe...don't know if the 16 will be to big..?

Suspension.. this is a problem for me over here.... yes i can get the s13 colovers, but as for some of the other stuff, we didnt get these cars, therefore the cost i recon to get them is gonna be huge... also doesnt help that i don't know all the chassis numbers of all the parts you guys talk about...but I'm getting there slowly......

Motor... the original plan was to go twin cam.....then it went to turbo twin cam....but now i recon the 20v is the way to go...high revs NA, easy to get parts here, motors arent that expensive, and fits like its made for it... What you guys recon?? 20v or twincam 16oo???

Anyway, thats the idea for now...lets hope i can keep up with what i want to do....

Please guys....the more input the better...thanks a stack....

will post pics if my photobucket ever works

Members dont see this ad

Better take some pics of ol Boxie.

Chasss Code Layout:

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?a...st&id=12546

20 valves are much fun once you can work out how to do the ignition system without a distributor to clear the firewall. Its hard to retain a standard ecu unless you mod the firewall. Are firewall mods allowed in South Africa? If you didnt have to remove the dizzy cap it would be easy.

can't comment on 16vs so much. Boost will always be fun. A gze with a turbo is very good from all accounts.

What sort of motor is in her at the moment? Hang on, what is it exactly?

Hey there...its the 1600 motor at the moment...the beauty it came out with... Down here we can make mods to the fire wall and have no problems legal wise....my bud just fitted a 20v in his daihatsu charade....the old one....revs like a bitch...car weighs 600kgs...now thats fun....only thing is, its a front wheel drive..... :D ..... I'm more into the rear wheel kind of stuff... I also been told that i should go with the beems motor?? aint that easy to get here though... Lots of guys are running the 20v here with the distributor at the back, without cutting...engine mounts move forward, so it would probably for me be going that way.... As for management, we have a a good, and fairly cheap system over here thats stand alone, fueling and timing... i'll run that to have no issues...the guys here are clued up with it and on these types of conversions its the normal.....

still trying to get photos up...got 2 photobucket accounts now and none still work....imageshack doesnt seem to work either.....

Where on the site can i find pics of KE70's and so on..is there a thread were guys have posted stuff up??

Hey there...its the 1600 motor at the moment...the beauty it came out with... Down here we can make mods to the fire wall and have no problems legal wise....my bud just fitted a 20v in his daihatsu charade....the old one....revs like a bitch...car weighs 600kgs...now thats fun....only thing is, its a front wheel drive..... :D ..... I'm more into the rear wheel kind of stuff... I also been told that i should go with the beems motor?? aint that easy to get here though... Lots of guys are running the 20v here with the distributor at the back, without cutting...engine mounts move forward, so it would probably for me be going that way.... As for management, we have a a good, and fairly cheap system over here thats stand alone, fueling and timing... i'll run that to have no issues...the guys here are clued up with it and on these types of conversions its the normal.....

still trying to get photos up...got 2 photobucket accounts now and none still work....imageshack doesnt seem to work either.....

Where on the site can i find pics of KE70's and so on..is there a thread were guys have posted stuff up??

Heres where you can find abbreviated members rides with lots of pics:

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4598

If I were you Id leave the engine mounts alone and mod the firewall since its legal, that would involve way less fabrication as you can use a standard tailshaft, gearbox mounts, engine mounts and crossmember. All bolts together very niceley.

can't wait for pics, if you scale them down to under 250k you can post them in your thread as an attachment.

:hmm: