Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corona Stuff Into A Te71

Featured Replies

Happened to spy a 1983ish corona sitting in a paddock near my place. What bits could be used in a TE71 build? I have a A to T series bellhousing, can this be made to fit a corona gearbox? I am guessing the diff wil be a bit wider than a TE71, how much wider? I am interested because I know corona stuff is stronger than T series stuff and I would rather over engineer the driveline.

Happened to spy a 1983ish corona sitting in a paddock near my place. What bits could be used in a TE71 build? I have a A to T series bellhousing, can this be made to fit a corona gearbox? I am guessing the diff wil be a bit wider than a TE71, how much wider? I am interested because I know corona stuff is stronger than T series stuff and I would rather over engineer the driveline.

 

 

Corona stuff, generally is T series stuff. You wont need a stronger driveline than that if you are using a atmo 4A.

 

There is information available about which diffs are in which car in table form on the net if you look for it.

 

The Corona could have a decent gearbox and diff but we need more info than "1983ish corona". There will be a tranny code on the firewall, look it up.

  • Author
Corona stuff, generally is T series stuff. You wont need a stronger driveline than that if you are using a atmo 4A.

 

There is information available about which diffs are in which car in table form on the net if you look for it.

 

The Corona could have a decent gearbox and diff but we need more info than "1983ish corona". There will be a tranny code on the firewall, look it up.

 

Yeah, might investigate a bit more tomorrow. I plan to drift and circuit club day the car, will be running a 7age initially, but will probably turbo it not too far down the track, so I would rather err on the stronger side. It could be an auto even, so not getting my hopes up yet.

Yeah, might investigate a bit more tomorrow. I plan to drift and circuit club day the car, will be running a 7age initially, but will probably turbo it not too far down the track, so I would rather err on the stronger side. It could be an auto even, so not getting my hopes up yet.

 

 

The diff will not bolt in, if your lucky it will be a w57 gearbox, which would be a tuff choice for you, especially going turbo. Gonna need some good rods to do a turbo 7age. I reckon you should decide right now if you want to turbo the 7a or not, as I wouldn't go to the effort or expense of a w57 for an atmo 7age personally, when t50s are cheap and easy to get.

 

Let us know how you go. Love a good paddock find! Put pics in the rusty relics thread.

  • Author

Called in at house where corona is in paddock, no one home, took a pic, but can't upload atm, will try again tomorrow

1983 is probly either a tt132 or tt141. if it has a 3t then it either has a w50 or 22spline t50. (or 4speed). being an '83 i'd bet its the t50. diff will be a T series which from memory the tt132 is 1415mm wide and the tt141 around 1440mm wide. te71 are around 1400mm wide so the tt132 diff is an option but mounts are wider on the top, spring perches are smaller diameter and wider apart, diff mount bolts are fatter (19mm instead of 17mm head) and panhard rod in different spot. tt132 have same mounts as ra45/ma45 celica if thats any help. tt132 wagon have leaf spring and not hard to convert to ke70 wagon :S

  • Author

Wow! Thanks heaps for the info, its great to learn the subtle differences in Toyotas.

did we even get t series coronas in aus? i thought they were all 18r 22r and 2s

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.