Car Starts Then Dies

styler

we started it with a screw driver and the same problem occured(at the ignition switch) we know it has spark + fuel from the pump and into the carb BUT after the carb we don't know sooooooooo.. we're gonna disasemble the carb and check the float and needles in side, the bible( gregorys scientific publication) for 1200cc corolla motors(3k's) had a trouble section for the car not starting and it leads us to belive that its a problem with the fuel delivery into the combustion chamber and it says to check on of the needles that allows fuel into the carb and off the top of my head i can't remember which needle but if neone has had this problem b4 it would be gr8 to hear b4 i take the carb apart

Members dont see this ad

yeah but have a look at the time that i posted that lol i understand the rules but at that time i wasnt too clearly minded , going out to the car soon to change the condenser and power relay, if that doesnt help then I'm gonna get it towed home and look at using it as an entirely project car and buy a RELIABLE runaround :)

car is running now i got the racq guy out to have a look ( free for me ! ) and he said it was a dead short in the ignition circuit and got it started, so I'm planning to take it to an auto electrician and get it sorted out but I'm still looking at another car maybe a ae82 hatchback with a 4age???