Ai Polution System Valve Info?

Hi,

Just going through a KE70 pollution manual I have and it talks about a air injection (AI) system. These push cool air into your exhaust under pressure and helps promote the oxidization of CO and HC in the exhaust.

So I was wondering if anyone has one of these they can take photos off or if in the ipswich area has one for give away? As I am interested for a possible power increasing project not a decreasing one like most pollution gear is..lol

Cameron

P.S. it was on the 3T-C, 1X corona motor, or the celica 21R-C motor and the 5M-E crown motor.

Members dont see this ad

OK as a note this project wont be anywhere near a car.

If you read the manual for the car pollution gear it says this part is designed to deliver compressed air into the exhaust. So in turn these are like a super charger deliver compressed air.

So a friend of mine did this once he got one off a holden and strapped it to a lawn mower and magic he had a supercharged lawn mower. No joke worked flowed a good amount of air easy for the mower and an old spring and valve set up we even had a blow off valve for it..lol

But after this it was move off a lawn muncher so does make more power so I was thinking a super charger for my pocket rocket motor bike :) As the one he had on his mower was a holden V8 one so it could push more air than one off a Toyota 4 banger. But a pocket rocket with this off a Toyota should be mean :D

Cameron

Works well in theory but you may have trouble delivering enough fuel... But hey give it a whack you can always get bigger carbies for pocket bikes on ebay if you need to...

PS. later model RWD TE-TG geminis had the air pump setup too as well as mazda 323/626 etc... thats the ones I know of but I'm sure there's a shitload of early to mid 80's cars with that crap dangling off 'em