Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

85 Corona Window Fit 83 Rolla???

Featured Replies

Hi all,

My KE70 wagon was broken into last week. They smashed the front passenger side window. Does anyone happen to know if an 8 Corona window is the same size? The dimensions seem very similar and I have acces to a dead corona but I don't want to go to the trouble of pulling the window out if it's not gonna fit in the rolla.

 

thanks guys

 

matt

Tape measures are handy.

  • Author
Tape measures are handy.

 

As I said, the dimensions are very similar. There only appears to be about 10mm difference and it's hard to tell if they are actually different or it's due to the difficulty of measuring a window while it's still in a door frame.

 

matt

  • Author
Not likely. But I can give you one for cost of freight only if you can't get one down there... I can throw it on a greyhound won't cost much

 

Thanks for the offer, mate. I'll see how I go and get back to you. Thanks very much.

 

matt

Just pop it out and if its to big just cut it. Glass cutting is easy if you take your time.

I would think the glass is tempered, meaning it can't be cut or trimmed like normal glass. It's done that way so it will shatter in to small pieces if broken (as in an accident etc).

 

Chris

Yea its harder to cut but it is doable you just need to take your time with it. We cut the quarter glass in our pajero, it takes a while but we got it done with out it breaking. :)

  • Author

Yeah that's not a bad idea. I wonder how much a glazier would charge to take a piece off. Might look into it.

 

matt

It'll work out cheaper running down to the local wrecker and picking one up from there then getting the glass trimmed to size.

 

Not to mention that the glass in the 'rona might be bolted to the window mechanism differently to that in the 'rolla.

 

Like i've said many a times - Take a sniff-and-taste test. Measure the glass, see if the measurements fit, pull it out and see if it lines up with everything. And if it does, sweet

  • Author

Managed to get hold of a window eventually.

 

thanks guys

 

matt

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.