4kc Idle Issues

ke70dave

gday guys, ive been on here a while thought i would sign up, cuase from what i read you guys know your stuff!!

basically ive got a ke70, 4kc engine, with a 3kc carby on it, and it will not idle and splutters at low revs

the reason i put the 3kc carby on there is that i was told it was the same as a 4kc one except it had no emissions stuff. i hooked up all the vac lines exact same as they were on the 3kc that i got the carby from (all 3 of them....)

basically the engine runs fine if you got your foot on the accel (ie high revs), but as soon as you take it off it just dies, like you have just turned it off with the key... i have not been able to take it for a drive, so i don't know how it performs under load...

ive mucked around with the idle screw and didnt get much progress...

I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, i hope ive given enough information

i have done

new coil, adjusted points and proved ignition is all working, cleaned out carby with that spray in carby cleaner

thankyou in advance!

Members dont see this ad

Sounds like it could be running to lean or to rich. Screw the mixtures screw all the way in then screw it out until it revs the highest. You may have to keep the revs up a bit at the start so it doesnt stall.

After you have done this adjust the idle and you will be sweet.

Make sure you warm it up first though.

alrighty...now to make a complete idiot out of myself

which screw is which :wink:

i can only see 2 screwes on the carby

i tried screwing (haha get it?) around with the pink screw in that pic, i screwed it in, it appeared to help the situation...but i really didnt know what i was doin

post-2532-1164183465.jpg