46mm Su

rigmurray

Members dont see this ad

yeah on another website there was a turbo 1600 with a 46mm SU carb of a 240Z so I am seeing if anybody has one or has used one for a turbo setup, also ebay is not my friend i don't like ebay at all as when people say to look ther not once have I found anything I have been looking for so i havent benn bothered withi t these days, also don't have an account on ther so yeah

46mm would be a 1.75" / HS6 SU.

I have sold a few pairs of these lately. They are very common among 6 Cylinder Triumphs. Wreckers will normally sell them for about $30-$35 each. They will also fetch at least $150/pair on ebay to the lovely people in England and the USA. :)

ok now that I know that does anybody know if this will be enough fuel to run a IHI turbo on a 1.3 litre? also will it just be able to take to place of the 38mm SU or do i need some kind of manifold, also how do u set up twin SU's? this is how my setup looks now, sorry for the dodgy pic

The beauty of SU's is that the needles are replaceable. You can basically order a needle to suit your application based on dyno readouts. So you can tune in more fuel or less fuel depending on the taper of the needle. So to answer will it supply enough fuel.....Probably, if you have it tuned right. I know Rolla_Boy was running a single Stromberg carb on his 5k. That engine was supercharged.

I used to have Twin 1.5" SU on my 5K before i upgraded to 40DHLA's. This is how they look N/A.

post-336-1165560931_thumb.jpg

Your carb will bolt to a plate, which in turn will have a piece of tube welded to it, which should be the same diameter, and THEN you would have this rubber tube that clamps to the metal tube and also clamps to the turbo inlet.

The metal tube needs to be the same size as the carb so you have unrestricted flow from the carb, to the adaptor and then into the turbo.