December 13, 200619 yr comment_155100 JUST BOUGHT A KE55 AND WANTING TO DO A TAIL LIGHT CONVERSION TO KE30 TAIL LIGHTS ANYWAY WENT OUT AND BOUGHT SOME KE30 TAIL LIGHTS AND PUT THEM ON FIRST THING I NOTICED WAS THAT THE TAIL LIGHTS ARE SMALLER THE NEXT THING IS THAT THE PLUGS ARE DIFFERENT ANYWAY JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS DONE IT WITHOUT SEEING THE AUTO ELECTRICIANS IS IT SIMPLE? OR IS IT A MISSION? CHEERS RICHARD. Report
December 13, 200619 yr comment_155102 Ke55 tail lights and KE30 tail lights are identical, the late KE55 tail lights are different, but they bolt in exactly the same, I have changed them to KE30 ones in my KE55....unless you have accidently gotten hardtop tail lights Report
December 17, 200619 yr Author comment_155706 Ke55 tail lights and KE30 tail lights are identical, the late KE55 tail lights are different, but they bolt in exactly the same, I have changed them to KE30 ones in my KE55....unless you have accidently gotten hardtop tail lights yeah when I changed the lights the wiring is different so the lights were all over the place think I'm gonna take it into a auto elec to do it!!! because on the ke30 tail lights the wiring one the left handside tail light is permanent where as the ke55 both have plugs on each light but i still have to look at it more i havent given it much effort lol I'm going to see if i can use the wiring of the ke30 tail lights and see if i can match it up to the ke55 wiring. it would be good if they were both colour coded. Report
December 18, 200619 yr comment_155954 You should be able to unplug the wiring loom for the tail lights up near the fuel tank, and plug the other one from the other car in. Then they will plug into the tail lights, and you are set. Report
January 1, 200719 yr comment_157570 I did this today, got a 81' KE55 with the ugly taillights, went and got some really overrated KE30 ones, they are a bolt up, just plug and play!, and away you go!, Cheers Trent Report
January 1, 200719 yr comment_157574 If the wirings different on the tail lights i can't see it being all that hard to grab a circuit tester to check and note what each wire is for. If you do something like this while the standard lights are in place it'll make it easier. Report
January 4, 200719 yr comment_158045 If the wiring is different just swap the rear casing(part which holds the globes) from the k30 into the ke55 ones. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now