Super Chargers

camerondownunder88

Hi,

HAHAH yeah 1500 degress umm yes it was well kinda scary as the GT was spooling to :ninja: But it did go highter in that run till i shut it off. So mmm really scary hobbie I must say as well mmm really gets ur heart going..lol

I aslo see EX-MR2FREAK you had a pic of a SC12 I belive blower..lol mmm is it being used..lol?

I might be getting a blower on XMAS day my cousin has her blower off her old V8 dunny door so mmm if all goes well..lol So ill keep you posted but if anyone hears one at a decent price well let me know:)

Also on jumping castel blowers they are good BUT finding one..lol looked into this a bit also minimal pressure from them really there a massive LB. As so much air in the castle when you jump well can't go far so it stays up so they can't actually supply much pressure belive it or not. And the fan design on them is really poor so it would be hopeless efficency from it :hmm:

Cameron

Members dont see this ad

Ok,

Have been offered a blower and well will most likely buy it.

But just searching for a bit more info first.

The SC is the toyota SC14 with 1.4L internal capacity possitive displacement roots type blower. Does anyone no the gearbox steup in the SC14? I have read 3.44 but am not sure this is correct. As to get 200cfm at least froma SC14 the rotors will need to do at least 4,000RPM.

Also I have read the 4agze has a max RPM of 12,000RPM. But I know there tachos only go to 9,000RPM so what is there factory limit 9 or 12 thousand RPM? As I don't want to over speed this blower and cook it.

So i did some numbers again and came up with this:

I'll be needing ~20 revs per cubic foot from a SC14 1.4 litre blower , and I need ~200 cuft/min for starting roughly, that equates to ~ 4,000 rpm of the rotors for the blower to achive. But if I was right on the 3.44 step up in the gear box I will only need to input about 1200 RPM to get my desired air flow. So I am just wanting to really find out the step up for sure so I can see if this blower will be able to push the right amount of air.

Thanks

Cameron

Just sourced some info on ratios.

The SC14 has a very high step-ratio, 15:1 and the inner gear ratio is 1:10.125. So mm can anyone confirm this?

Also max RPM of the SC14 is 9,000RPM on the pully up front

Also messurements are as follows:

.........................length......width......height .......weight......displacement

SC14 1G-GZE... 311mm ...148mm.....254.........11.9kg ...... 1420cc

Cameron

Edited by camerondownunder88