Ae71 Clutch Slave Seals

Des

Here is my problem, I'm replacing the seals in my clutch slave and i have got one seal on the piston but i can't get the 2nd one on. How is a seal with a hole 5mm wide ment to fit over a piston that is 10mm wide?

As Raven said I'm one angry munchkin, Ive been trying for the last 80mins and no luck :) .

post-1746-1168842381_thumb.jpg

post-1746-1168842305_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

lol i feel your pain! been there and done that...

in all honesty to buy a kit at $16, pull apart the old one, hone it and change the impossible seals...

vs $24 for a brand new one its just not worth the effort of rebuilding old ones! ever.

(note: prices are for ta22 about 2 years ago from repco)

but i didnt know this when i had to change mine and thinking a kit may be much cheaper went the same way.

i know how bloody impossible it is to get those seals on!! only advice i can give is get a new cylinder!

or if you really must do it a clutch/brake shop can do it or you need a smooth tapered shaft to stretch the seal

up the tapered shaft and on to the slave shaft with clutch fluid to lubricate, just look around for a tapered shaft and modify the bigger

end to be slightly bigger than the slave shaft.

the hours i spent at that bloody slave cylinder rebuild! i shot one seal off the a 3rd floor balcony trying to strech it with needlenose pliers

for the millionth time and found it an hour later in a drain only to strech it too much and snap it seconds later at 2am...

Edited by styler