20 Valve Conversion For 93 Seca

Miggy

Hey I'm new here and have had my licence for 6 months and i have just picked up my first car a 93 seca stock standard I went to the drags last Wed and did a 18.4 @120 kph with a crappy 0.7 reaction time.. I like the car and think its good fun to drive even if it isn't that fast.

Anyway I don't have that much mechanical knowledge with these cars and I'm wondering what workshop around Perth can source and fit a 20v engine to my seca?

Thanks alot in advance

Miggy

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

Hi Ive done quite a few conversions on 20v into both 92 and 82 corollas and even ze rwd conversions we also had fun getting a 3sgte in and going but no recommending taht ever again!!!. I maybe able to help

you it depends on how much work you want to do yourself

pm me a number Ill get back to you

old corolla bloke

Hi Ive done quite a few conversions on 20v into both 92 and 82 corollas and even ze rwd conversions we also had fun getting a 3sgte in and going but no recommending taht ever again!!!. I maybe able to help

you it depends on how much work you want to do yourself

pm me a number Ill get back to you

old corolla bloke

Hey cheers mate but i called up cypher not long ago and its getting done through them oh well, and i have changed my mind and decided to go for the 4AGZE and getting a few bit of pieces like cooler, boost controller ect so maybe its best but thanks for the offer.

and AE70 I searched for what company's have done this conversion on here and other forums and to no avail that is why I posted the topic. I wanted to find out what company's have done it before and who people recommend before going out and spending 2-5k on my car isnt that what forums are all about?

Hey cheers mate but i called up cypher not long ago and its getting done through them oh well, and i have changed my mind and decided to go for the 4AGZE and getting a few bit of pieces like cooler, boost controller ect so maybe its best but thanks for the offer.

and AE70 I searched for what company's have done this conversion on here and other forums and to no avail that is why I posted the topic. I wanted to find out what company's have done it before and who people recommend before going out and spending 2-5k on my car isnt that what forums are all about?

Hi

well the guys a cypher will do a good job......however if I may I would like to offer some advice. I have owned three 20valve conversion which I did myself and a GZE or two allong the way as well also done myself. from a modification perspective yes the GZE will yield more mid range and top end power a little easier than a 20v BUT in terms of a user friendly engine the 20v has it all over the GZE.

I seriously urge you to consider a black top 20v over the GZE. my two cents but Ive converted at least ten and would say that of the ones I did for other people the 20v retained ownership the longest. food for thought.

if you would like pm me a number and i will call .....

old corolla bloke

Hi

well the guys a cypher will do a good job......however if I may I would like to offer some advice. I have owned three 20valve conversion which I did myself and a GZE or two allong the way as well also done myself. from a modification perspective yes the GZE will yield more mid range and top end power a little easier than a 20v BUT in terms of a user friendly engine the 20v has it all over the GZE.

I seriously urge you to consider a black top 20v over the GZE. my two cents but Ive converted at least ten and would say that of the ones I did for other people the 20v retained ownership the longest. food for thought.

if you would like pm me a number and i will call .....

old corolla bloke

ive got one of old rolla blokes cars with the BT20v conversion.

and she goes hard. beats BA XR6 Falcoons. until you run out gears hahaha.

pce out

• 1 month later...

hello all..i am looking at doing the 20v conversion in my ae82 twincam..i can do all the mechanical side of things myself but what i don't understand is the wiring..i have heard that you just splice the 20v loom into the 16v fuse box in the engine bay.if someone could shed a bit more info thatd be really good.

cheers damo.

i might take up your offer some time soon old corolla bloke as the engine didnt go through as i started my apprentaship much sooner then was planed so now the only time i can have the car off the road is on weekends and thats to tight for workshops to do :yes: ..

Around how long can this conversion take just so it running and driveable?

bring on the 20v :)

i might take up your offer some time soon old corolla bloke as the engine didnt go through as i started my apprentaship much sooner then was planed so now the only time i can have the car off the road is on weekends and thats to tight for workshops to do :cool: ..

Around how long can this conversion take just so it running and driveable?

bring on the 20v :)

pm sent

old corolla bloke

hello all..i am looking at doing the 20v conversion in my ae82 twincam..i can do all the mechanical side of things myself but what i don't understand is the wiring..i have heard that you just splice the 20v loom into the 16v fuse box in the engine bay.if someone could shed a bit more info thatd be really good.

cheers damo.

its not quite as easy as that.........suggest you call me

pm sent

old corolla bloke