Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Here With Ae72

Featured Replies

First I'd like to say that it's awesome to find a forum where people know their stuff!

 

I just got my first Corolla, and it has a blown motor. My dad pused a rod through the oil pan in the 4AC power plant, and rather than fix it he gave it to me.

 

I must admit, I'm a Honda guy. I've had a few and know those cars very well, but Toyotas are like greek to me. I know very little about the AE86, other than what I read in Sport Compact Car and Import Tuner.

 

I have done some research, but I still hae questions I hope you can answer, and as I learn I hope to be able to contribute to the forum.

 

My first question is about rebuilding what I have so I can drive it. Is the 4AC block the same as the 4AG? If so then I could use the internals frome the 4AG when I rebuild the motor, but will I also have to use the head, or will the 4AC head be ok when ported out?

 

And my second question is about a swap. I found a site where I can get a 4A GE RWD engine and 5 speed tranny for $700 US dollars + shipping. Comes to about $1100 for me. The tranny in the car is automatic. Are the manual pedals in the AE82/ AE86 the same, or will I have to track some pedals down?

 

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

The 4ac blocks are very similer and probably could be used with 4age parts but a 4age is cheap allready together.

 

The 4ac heads are were built with economy in mind so there is nothing performance about them, Keep the 4ac head a practise porting on it and if you stuff it up its no loss to the world.

 

A rwd 4age and 5 speed for $1100 is a pretty good price.

 

Ae72 would that be similar to a Te72 ?

 

Ae82 and Ae86 pedal boxes are different, Ke70 and Ae71 pedal boxes are interchangable with each other, Ae86 can also go into a Ke70 and Ae71 but its more stuffing around.

Edited by AE70

I agree with AE70

 

the 4ac engine is built with economy in mind, but I must clarify it isnt economy in terms of fuel economy but economy in making the thing. Don't both doing anything to it. The 4AG is your best bet its superior in every way and it uses less fuel. That price is good but make sure that the 4age has the engine mounts still on it.

 

I fitted an AE71 acellerator to my ae86 because it was in a better position, don't think that woudl help you but I thought I would say it anyway

4age head + 4ac bottom end = 4age 16 valve engine...am i right??

 

Ke70 and Ae71 pedal boxes are interchangable with each other
..i second that....shouldnt the AE 71 and AE 72 parts be interchangeable also??
4age head + 4ac bottom end = 4age 16 valve engine...am i right??

 

..i second that....shouldnt the AE 71 and AE 72 parts be interchangeable also??

4AC blocks are poo, Just grab a 4age.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.