Luminous Dials

hey guys, i've seen a set of luminous dials for an AE112 on modyourcar.com

i was wondering if anyone has got these in there rolla yet, and how they look when switched on. ;)

they also have dials for some of the older AE's plus suspension gear, like the strut brace i was searching for.

any help would be great and all opinions welcome. pics would be awesome if youse have any.

Cheers guys.

Members dont see this ad
hey guys, i've seen a set of luminous dials for an AE112 on modyourcar.com

i was wondering if anyone has got these in there rolla yet, and how they look when switched on. ;)

they also have dials for some of the older AE's plus suspension gear, like the strut brace i was searching for.

any help would be great and all opinions welcome. pics would be awesome if youse have any.

Cheers guys.

try whiteline for the strut braces..i think they've only got the front ones for our cars :P

Hiya!

In our MR2 we got the indiglo guages. They're white in day time/when you don't have your lights on, and they go from green, blue to purple, we like them on blue and haven't changed them.

I got them for Hubby for his birthday a couple of years ago and back then they cost $360 installed at Emtech here in Adelaide.

I think they look SWEET!

Lesley ;)

PS: I'll take pics tomorrow

Edited by SoulSearcher

thanks for the answers guys, ive seen a image of the gauge plates and they look great.

The only thing i'm worried about is the fact that the needles on in my gauge cluster are clear when turned off and greenish when on,

and I'm just worried that it might look a bit dodgy during the day with a clear needle against a white background, and at night i'll have a green needle on a green background.

the only thing i can think of doing is changing my LED green bulbs for LED red bulbs, which should hopefully give me a red needle on a green background which would look awesome.

The other thing i would like to now, is the color of the gauges... when lit up are they like the normal color you get behind gauge or is it more of a LED color? Day & night photos would be fantastic.

Also

thanks for the reply Greddy_es, i had a look at whiteline but couldn't find a price, the strut brace on ModYourCar.com is a whiteline one, and its $180.

do you have one yourself? and does it make much difference to the handling?

Cheers Everyone.

ok, I took some photo's (they actually look crap, but oh well), the first one is with the flash on (this is what they look like in the day time)

the others are the night time ones.... (blue, purple)... I tried to fiddle with the brightness, kind of worked....

post-1090-1173608779_thumb.jpg

post-1090-1173608839_thumb.jpg

post-1090-1173608873_thumb.jpg

post-1090-1173608918_thumb.jpg

post-1090-1173608992_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps...

Lesley ;)

thanks heaps Lesley! they look awesome. As i said before, my main concern now is the needles. it look like youve got red plastic ones, mine are clear. do you think its worth painting them a translucsent red, so they look red when theyre off, but glow red when on.

Simon

if your needles are clear and glow green when they're on, then you may not be able to see them against the white and when they're turned on the green will more than likely clash with the green, purple or blue of the guages...

If you can change the needle's from a green light to a red light then you'd be able to see it at night time, if you do that it doesn't change the daytime look, but maybe you could paint the tips of the needles red (or what ever) then you'd be able to see the difference.....

;)

yeah, same here.

when i installed all my audio, i took both front door trims off, most of the dash and center console out, front and back seats out, and when it came to putting it back together i had 3 screws left over.

and its got me completely stuffed cause i know i put every screw back in.

Also

thanks for the reply Greddy_es, i had a look at whiteline but couldn't find a price, the strut brace on ModYourCar.com is a whiteline one, and its $180.

yeah i do have a strut bar up front..but its not by whiteline..not sure what brand it is to be honest...but it works well..u can feel the difference the minute u've got it on and drive..if i'm not wrong there are the TRD ones from the older corolla that would fit as well..

Also

yeah i do have a strut bar up front..but its not by whiteline..not sure what brand it is to be honest...but it works well..u can feel the difference the minute u've got it on and drive..if i'm not wrong there are the TRD ones from the older corolla that would fit as well..

Edited by GReddy_es

• 4 months later...

hey guys,

how are ya,

dunno if you got the dials or not but i bought some off ebay for my AE92 GTi corolla and installed them my self

8 diff colours, with white back ground during the day and as the needles were clear on my car i just painted the tips red on each of them and it looks

wicked now.

always getting looks through the windows esp with all the extra dials the GTi has too.

Try ebay as i got mine for 90$ AUD from the UK.

cheers

Josh