Paperwork For Changing 3k To 4k In Ke20

Vaster_KE20

Members dont see this ad
My KE25 has a 4K in it, no mod-plate required here but fitting a 5K to it, it will be required.

Raven - if you're thinking about doing this, check with Regency first.

Last time I checked, any of the KE series corollas could upgraded to a 4K or 5K with just a notification of changed engine number. Basically, these mod's are considered "approved in principal". You could upgrade to a single cam 1600 with just an "over the pits inspection".

Anything else required engineering.

When I dropped the 4K into the KE25 (must have been in 2000 or there abouts), I just rang the department of transport with the new engine number (and my insurer too).

Slapper

Raven - if you're thinking about doing this, check with Regency first.

Last time I checked, any of the KE series corollas could upgraded to a 4K or 5K with just a notification of changed engine number. Basically, these mod's are considered "approved in principal". You could upgrade to a single cam 1600 with just an "over the pits inspection".

Anything else required engineering.

When I dropped the 4K into the KE25 (must have been in 2000 or there abouts), I just rang the department of transport with the new engine number (and my insurer too).

Slapper

I was under the impression that anything over 200cc's from the factory motor required engineering but will give regency a call when I get around to doing that.

Edited by Raven

I was under the impression that anything over 200cc's from the factory motor required engineering but will give regency a call when I get around to doing that.

You're looking for something called an "Automotive Instruction" from TransportSA ...

extract from Information Bulletin 3 - Modifications to Passenger Cars, Car Type Utilities and Panel Vans (published by SA Government):

ENGINE CHANGES COVERED BY AUTOMOTIVE INSTRUCTIONS

Transport SA has developed a series of Automotive Instructions to eliminate the necessity to obtain a Statement

of Requirements for engine changes to some vehicles.

When an Automotive Instruction is used, lodging an Application to Modify a Motor Vehicle form or obtaining

a Statement of Requirements is not required for the modification, however, an inspection of the vehicle may still

be required on completion of the modification.

I can't recall which particular Automotive Instruction you need, but it has a picture of a KE30 or thereabouts corolla on the front :y:

I reckon my local Motor Vehicle Registration office had a bunch of them on a stand.

Slapper

Ahhh ok :y:

I'll have to suss that out. Car is coming off the road in 3 months anyway, so will get a full resto and once done, I'll get it inspected if need be.

Edited by Raven