The Beast From Adelaide

aidaniel

well this is my beast that i spent a fair amount off time on, here's the story ... i bought a ke55 coupe for a 100 bucks of a mate of mine as a burnout car as it had had a tree fall on it one fateful new years eve. i left it in the backyard for about a month until someone i knew form speedway offered me a ke30 rolling shell that had been in a slight front ender but was still able to be road registered for nothing and i thought to myself this could be fun. after striping the 55 guards and bonnet down and removing the motor we went and picked up the 30 from this person and began a long and grueling process of recreating a beast. the 4k went in it followed by 55 guards and bonnet then followed by three carbys then i drove it out the driveway, this took three days. about a month went by before it was taken to my mates to get a 12 hour turn around respray. here are the results...

post-2078-1176621259_thumb.jpg

post-2078-1176621283_thumb.jpg

post-2078-1176621304_thumb.jpg

post-2078-1176621316_thumb.jpg

post-2078-1176621342_thumb.jpg

post-2078-1176621364_thumb.jpg

post-2078-1176621382_thumb.jpg

post-2078-1176621409_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

in regards to the black ... its the little things that count!!

i rekon i saw that light green one around here once ... where abouts in golden grove are ya, i'm on idriess crt

a little has changes since that last photo was taken ... its got a different bonnet (painted primer atm) and different mags

• 4 weeks later...

well i finished with it, and theres nothing left to do to it ... i might just put it in the back yard and put it on seasonal rego and drive it every now and then.

a panelvan would be good for work though as i'm a fitter and machinist apprentice

righty o ... UPDATE

the cars been looking pretty sorry for itself lately as i have been driving round with a prime bonnet and shitty painted mags

so i've pulled my finger out of my ass and started to sand back and prime the bonnet ready for paint on a warmer weekend. problem with this though is that the primer i have been using has started to lift paint on the left guard meaning i now have to respray this to. i thought while i had the paint i might as redo the roof as you can see where i have been at it with the grinder before it was painted last. when done will post pics

• 2 weeks later...

another UPDATE!!!

spent a few hours the past couple of days doing the mags and bonnet ... bonnet was a :D to do coz it had something like 5 or 6 layers of paint and it took a while, 3 coats of paint stripper did most the work but i spent a couple hours today with a wire wheel on a drill finishing it off. anyway here are some pics of the rims and bonnet on the car, might even fix that guard later this week

post-2078-1180334711_thumb.jpg

post-2078-1180334743_thumb.jpg

post-2078-1180334778_thumb.jpg

post-2078-1180334805_thumb.jpg