Engine Conversion

mikos

Hey guys/gals,

need your help!!!!... does anyone know, who in canberra can do my engine conversion?

Have just purchased an AE101 20v silvertop front cut (from Toyshop in Syd) to transplant into my AE82. Have made a few calls, but can't find anyone who is willing to put it in for me. :yes:

Does anyone know of someone who can do this for me?

Your help would be GREATLY appreciated

cheers

Mick

Members dont see this ad

Did you try the any of the people that are advertised in the ACT section under "Club Discounts Etc..."

Give Steve a call at Pharley's Spares and Repairs (PSR) at Hume on 6260 1646 (otherwise known as the rollaclub club house)

Or just come to our next meeting at Pharley's and have a chat to him then.

Also welcome to the best Corolla Club in town :yes:

Edited by Trendact

Hey guys/gals,

need your help!!!!... does anyone know, who in canberra can do my engine conversion?

Have just purchased an AE101 20v silvertop front cut (from Toyshop in Syd) to transplant into my AE82. Have made a few calls, but can't find anyone who is willing to put it in for me. :yes:

Does anyone know of someone who can do this for me?

Your help would be GREATLY appreciated

cheers

Mick

Considering they are both "A" series engines, I would be thinking it would a straight forward swap. But then, if you don't have fuel injection already, there will be a few other thing you will have to change as well.

steve here, yea, i'll do it but you will have to come in and talk to me first, the motor will drop in easy enough but i've run into trouble before with gear boxes, driveshafts, and you don't want to know the wiring headaches

one of those drop the car of and wait till i call you jobs

steve here, yea, i'll do it but you will have to come in and talk to me first, the motor will drop in easy enough but i've run into trouble before with gear boxes, driveshafts, and you don't want to know the wiring headaches

one of those drop the car of and wait till i call you jobs

hey steve, will take you up on the install. will call you in the next couple of days (when i get a chance to get near a phone when at work) or i have thursday off so i might drop in and see you.

Also, what troubles have you had with the fitting the drive shafts?? The guys from Toyshop said everything could go straight in with little fuss.

Also, is there a problem if i source my own parts? As i am thinking about getting Toda Cams, Toda adjustable cam gears, ACL forged pistons, Haltek E8 ecu (for later on in the project) and a few other goodies. can you fit these if i source them??

Anyways, cheers for the offer.....will talk to you soon

Mick

paul (on here as crappi) does the rebuilds for me, he's the one with all the go faster ideas you will need to work with him to figure out what parts will go with each other and give you best bang for your buck, as for haltech, i recomend we do that with the install, can always reprogram to suit more mods later