Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae112r Piping

Featured Replies

So for the last couple of weeks I've been gathering parts for the air intake piping and unfortunately, the diameter on the turbo was too small for the fabulous new SFS Racing silicone hosing in red (good upto 20psi!!!) that I got (2 x 90 and 2 lots of straights plus groovy hose clamps) so I went to Toyota to see if they had a genuine part.....

 

Toyota Spare Parts department: "yes we do"

 

Me: Great! How much is it going to cost me?

 

Toyota Spare Parts department: $920.00

 

Me: WHAT!!! 920 dollars, are you insane?! 920 dollars....

 

Toyota Spare Parts department: yeah, you don't want it do you?

 

me: uhhh no.....

 

So off to Auto Sport Engineering, and for a measly $800ish bucks, they're going to totally modify the air intake and relocate bits :bash:

 

Back to Toyota "so if I do this: *gestures with hands whilst trying to explain* will it void my warranty?

 

Toyota Service Manager: no.

 

So in the next month I'll be having the modifications done and will have more ooommmppphhhh, better directed air flow and shiny bits in my engine bay, and ALL cheaper than a genuine toyota hose!

 

I'll get pics and post it up when it's all done :cool:

 

 

Lesley :y:

That is bloody shocking.....where do they get off selling a hose for $920.....i knew toyota were bad for overpricing genuine parts, but i didnt realise they were trying to commit daylight robbery.

Let me know how his goes mate, as it's something I've been contemplating for a while now. I'm still a bit concerned it will void my warranty too, as I only have a used car warranty, not the genuine toyota warrany.

 

It'll be a good mod though, the piping on these turbo's is rediculously long and all plastic.

  • Author

I went to Toyota and told them what I wanted to do and they said as long as the vacuum hose from the PCV valve is plumbed back in then it will be fine (emissions) and my warranty won't be void because I'm not actually increasing the performance of the engine (even though technically I am).

 

So in about a month it will be done, I'll post up before and after pics :wink:

 

Lesley :no2:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.