Popping Through Carbs

the other thing to check is the secondary venturi?????????????????

sorry old corolla bloke, i don't understand? i must have miss interpreted you wrong?

side draft webbers don't have secondary throats?

sorry to hijack your thread 3tg rolla!

yep your right they don't and its the auxillary venturi........so I'm old must have been up past my bed time

anyways I hope he knew what I meant from the other bit about sliding in last

cheers

old corolla bloke

Members dont see this ad

thats ok old corolla bloke, i wasnt putting you down, its better to be older anyway, you have more knowledge :wink:

:no2: And back to your reply 3tg rolla, i have here a weber book which is over 100 pages long and gives you an idea on what sorts of jets you should run, and how to do the mixtures, floats......etc.......etc. when i get a spare hour ill look through it and see what sort of numbers i can rustle up for you!

Hi, guys.

I had a lot of trouble setting up my webbers as well, same thing popping and carring on. and yea they do have secondary venturies, I have replaced mine with smaller ones for higher air speed not volume which was another problem I had. anyway about the popping, if the valves are good, and you will tell straight away by a compression test ( make sure for the test you keep a wide open throttle at all times), my carbies were popping due to the twin carbs being out of ballance with each other... Very tricky to set up (especially if ya not to sure what your doing, like I was) once they were ballanced all was good, new main venturies, secondary venturies, emoultion tubes, main jets, air bleed jets, almost everything. but it was worth it. I have been complemented on how well it goes for a 2 litre and they are supprised when I tell them it is only a 1.2 litre.... ;)