7k Fuel Injection Conversion

I am proceeding to look at more power than the pissy 48rwkw in my ke-11 so its solid cam conversion,head porting increase comp from 10.2:1 to about 11:1, i will be making new pistons for this engine so i may try a different bowl shape for a better burn, etc.

As the 1 1/2" su`s i have are not going to cut it because of rpm/airspeed issues and i have a 7k setup complete i was considering using this as i don't have the money for webers just yet. So basically my question is is it going to be worth changing to efi or get 1 3/4 su`s.

If someone has done this conversion i would love some power figures and engine mods to help make up my mind.

stu.

Members dont see this ad

My carby turbo kit got all pulled out on the weekend, so this (7k efi) is what I will be spending the next few eeks doing.

Power figures - none for me yet, but madrolla68 made 146rwkw on a 5kte with the 7k efi. With bigger (320cc'ish) injectors. Stock injectors are s1upposed to be 195cc, but he flowed them the other day and got 170cc.

The 7k has quite larger sqarish ports, so just port match your head to them and thats porting done.

So to answer your question - YELL YEAH ITS WORTH DOING!! :yes: