Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Differences Between 3 Ribbed 4a Blocks?

Featured Replies

Hey all, much to my dismay my 4AGE block has a pretty deep pit in cylinder 1, so its either get it resleeved or use another block. However, I have a spare 4AC. Is there anything stopping me from putting 4AGE internals in the 4AC block? Is it actually weaker or anything? My mate has also offered me a 4AFE in ok condition, read up about swapping the head and that seems like a no go. But same again, is this block suitable to receive a GE crank, pistons, rod assembly?

 

Cheers.

  • Author

I realise that is the ideal thing to do... but what're the headaches?

 

I have all the RWD gear to swap over, just wondering if there is any structural weakness or missing mounting points or anything

Just get yourself another 4AGE block and save yourself the headaches..

Yeah true. But i was using the 4a-f block and "g" head at one stage. The only hassle i had with it was that i had to swap over the timing belt pulley on the crank and use the flywheel from the 4a-f.

And in the mean time i had the 4a-g block re-built.

I realise that is the ideal thing to do... but what're the headaches?

 

I have all the RWD gear to swap over, just wondering if there is any structural weakness or missing mounting points or anything

The only missing mount on the 4a-f block was the one for the intake manifold support bracket. Engine mounts for the crossmember were still there.

Oh, yeah and also had to swap over the sandwich plate for the oil-cooler.

can you get a sandwich plate for a oil-cooler and put it on a 4ac...?

  • Author

I'd say you could, they're in the same place on the block so assume same thread and probably even oil filter.

 

Am Chasing a GE, but will see how things pan out. Just wanted to know if I could use a 4AC block safely.

I'd say you could, they're in the same place on the block so assume same thread and probably even oil filter.

 

Am Chasing a GE, but will see how things pan out. Just wanted to know if I could use a 4AC block safely.

 

i know you can put the bottem and from bigport mtors in, i am doing this myself as soon as i can aford the cost of building the motor. the cranks are also a hell of a lot lighter, as I'm keeping the 4ac crank, it has only half the counter weights of a ge item. I'm just not sure on the head.

 

thanks for that killswitch, i wonder if anyone has one laying around i could try, would be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a expensive sandwich plate..

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.