August 2, 200719 yr comment_189982 I'm lookin at these twin solex's 40mm carbys and wanting to know how good they would go because I'm pretty new to corollas and don't know very much Report
August 3, 200719 yr comment_190033 I have never used solex's before but i have been told to keep clear of them. You will be retuning them every season, A few people on here will agree with me. Find a Pair of 40mm dellorto's or Weber's. Dellorto's have gone for $300 a pair and i know of 40mm Webers that are for sale for $500. Report
August 3, 200719 yr comment_190051 Pah, solex's are great. Parts are avaliable from Roger on Toymods (he's on here as well I think.) He's a bit of a horder so he's got it all. I had solex's on my 2TG ran like a deamon. the only trap is that the venturies tend to work loose. just keep an eye on them or put a littl paint on the thread as a mild lock tight and they're fine. I'm even using Twin PPH40 Solex's on my 4AG build up. If you get them tuned well (recomend a mild cam and extractos as a minimum) then there is no reason they should go wildly out of tune. but like all cars a trip the the mechanics once a year for a grease n' oil change never hurts. since they're already on a k manifold they've probably had the jets resized for use on the 1.3 but still woth (if you buy them) haveing them dyno tuned (by someone old with greying hair) on your car for best results. They're a good price Jordan Edited August 3, 200719 yr by Jordan Report
August 3, 200719 yr Author comment_190086 thanks i think i will probably go with the solexs coz i defintely need more power Report
August 3, 200719 yr comment_190141 For $260 they're cheap grunt, even if they are fiddly turds of things. As stated earlier, much more than that, I'd start looking at the opposition. Don't expect them to be spot on when you bolt them on. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now