Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sdma Hillclimb 1st Sept

Featured Replies

Hi All,

 

Next SDMA Hillclimb is this Saturday 1st Sept (not the usual Sunday) - should be at least 2 RollaClub members racing. Come out and cheer us on - or better yet, enter and compete. Spectator entry is free of charge.

 

The hillclimb track is at Fairbairn Park on Sutton Rd. Kicks off about 9:30am and finishes about 3:00pm. Details on the SDMA site: http://www.sdmahillclimb.com/

 

I'll be there - look for the white AE82 Twin Cam with RollaClub & Specialised Trailers stickers. The Thomo Tailout special should also be there - and will no doubt snag the fastest ACT RollaClub member title - unless I gee him up enough that he parks it in the tyre wall at the first corner. :P

 

Trendact has a very good excuse this time - kids sports take priority.

 

Cheers,

Todd

  • Replies 32
  • Views 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SDMA is ment to be bloody Sundays not Bloody Saturdays :D

 

And the bloody car is ready as well :) :) :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

  • Author
SDMA is ment to be bloody Sundays not Bloody Saturdays :)

 

And the bloody car is ready as well :) :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

 

Sunday is Father's Day - guess they figured attendance would be down if they had it on Sunday...

 

Of course my wife just reckons they wanted to be able to race and get taken out for breakfast/lunch for Father's day - but she lives with me so of course she's cynical. :D

i'd be a cynic to if i had to live with you!!

  • Author
i'd be a cynic to if i had to live with you!!

 

Well lets see, you are a cynic... I better check my spare room for signs of a border... :D

 

Bloody cheeky smart ass. I'd love to say "I'll kick your arse on the track" but we both know you're going to wipe the floor with me. :)

Edited by Toddski

Hey Todd and Thomo, good to see you both out there today. was a really good day, especially for our first time!!

 

Our rally car got into the low 50's, and both the standard road cars ran a 53s so we were very happy for our first go.

 

will see you there in a month most likely!

Nice to meet you Todd and Thomo :cool:

 

My PB for the day, 53.76

 

Bring on Sept 30!

  • Author

Was good to meet you both - very nice group of late model Corollas you guys had there and very bloody good times.

 

But more importantly - I still did better than Thomo! Tell me he's not dark about that. He thought he had me until the last run (I'd been driving like sh*t, including leaving the handbrake on for my third run - figured I'd put that up before the boys start bagging me) - but for the last run I set the car back up to how it had been and almost matched my previous PB with a 56.02 against Thomo's 56.13 (a new PB for him).

 

Why were my times off to start with? Had put my rear sway bar from middle to full hard and the car was just too tailout. Played with tyre pressures, dropping them down to see if I could work around it. So when on the third run the car felt like it was rolling off the rims I thought that maybe the pressures were too low and tyre walls were flexing badly - but it was the fact that some tool had left the handbrake on... Shame that tool was me... Anyway, no harm done other than a sh*t time and a major dent in my already flimsy credibility. :cool:

 

So after another try on run 4 with the swaybar set hard and still not getting any closer to Thomo (and him running a PB on run 4) I figured I'd return to what I know, reset the swaybar and tyre pressures and pulled out a respectable time. Not quite the 55.xx I was hoping for but <shrug>...

 

And then to top it all off I was on my way home when I realised I hadn't returned my racing number card (luckily only about 5 mins down the road) so turned around and returned it. Must have left my brain at home...

 

But I beat Thomo. :lol: Guess I won't be getting any help from Thomo until he beats me next month.

Yeah Thomo was a bit pissed that he did not get to hand you your ass :D

 

Handbrake.....ya TOOL :( :fuzz: :fuzz:

 

Just wait to the next club meeting :fuzz:

Edited by Trendact

me? hold a grudge? never!!

i don't mind coming a close second to you tod, you've been playing out there for years, i've been 3 times :D and your .1 of a second faster than me

 

well thats my dig over with, when do we do your caster kit? can't have you blaming the car when i do finally kick your ass

maybe we can hand brett his ass on a platter, IF HE EVER GETS THE CAR OUT THERE!!

That you both will since I will only be in a AE with stock 4A :D

  • Author

Yeah, I can see Thomo wiring up a big warning light on my dash for the handbrake and labeling it "TOOL ALERT"... :D I'm a ken idiot...

 

Excuses excuses Thomo - 10 times vs 3 times, FWD vs RWD, 1000 odd kg with driver vs 700 odd kg with driver weighing nothing, clueless knob vs slightly less clueless kn... Well, you get the picture - and I still beat you AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Man that was good.

 

Geez I'm gonna cop it when you do beat me.

 

Don't worry Brett, we won't pay you out when you get slowest time of the day. :(

Yeah, I can see Thomo wiring up a big warning light on my dash for the handbrake and labeling it "TOOL ALERT"... :D I'm a ken idiot...

 

Excuses excuses Thomo - 10 times vs 3 times, FWD vs RWD, 1000 odd kg with driver vs 700 odd kg with driver weighing nothing, clueless knob vs slightly less clueless kn... Well, you get the picture - and I still beat you AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Man that was good.

 

Geez I'm gonna cop it when you do beat me.

 

Don't worry Brett, we won't pay you out when you get slowest time of the day. :(

 

 

May go out the night before and put dirt on the corners so I have a chance :fuzz:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.