Fuel Issue

Mighty tas rolla

hi guys i have been playing around with a old ke30 thats been sitting in my backyard for years i finally got it started and run it for a while then i just stopped i wound it over but it wouldnt start. i eventually pulled of the fuel hose just be for the pump and it made a kind of sucking noise, i put it back on and wound it over again and started and then run for a while and done the same thing again Please help!!!! :D :(

Members dont see this ad
i eventually pulled of the fuel hose just be for the pump and it made a kind of sucking noise

sounds like the fuel tank isn't sucking air in when the fuel pump tries to suck fuel out of it ...

you probably have a blockage in the line that goes from the fuel tank, all the way to the front, to the charcoal canister.

Try removing the fuel cap - this will allow air in via the filler. If it runs ok now, then tyhat adds weight to the fuel tank pressurisation theory.

cheers,

Slapper

hi guys i have been playing around with a old ke30 thats been sitting in my backyard for years i finally got it started and run it for a while then i just stopped i wound it over but it wouldnt start. i eventually pulled of the fuel hose just be for the pump and it made a kind of sucking noise, i put it back on and wound it over again and started and then run for a while and done the same thing again Please help!!!! :D :(

check the fuel filter first .

fuel pump could also be faulty a weak or broken valve in the fuel pump.

Still no luck i might have to pull the tank out and have a bit of a look ANY SUGGESTIONS???

that seems like a big job,

replace hoses first from outlet pipe in engine bay to fuel pump, if they are even slightly cracked they will suck air.

the pick up in the tank has a huge filter screen unlikely it would be blocked

Edited by KE30_KE35_KE55

Exactly the same symptoms when you ran without a fuel cap?

Check that your fuel pump and filter are groovy:

Run a bit of fuel hose from the fuel filter inlet to a jerry can.

Run the fuel pump outlet back to the jerry can - crank the engine.

check to see if fuel comes out the fuel pump outlet (back into the jerry can).

If that passes, connect the fuel pump back up to the carby and see if that works.

If it runs - the problem is in the fuel lines between fuel filter and tank and/or evap lines between tank and charcoal.

If it doesn't run, then there's a problem between the filter and the engine (including, maybe, the carby).

enjoy,

Slapper