Shadex

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we've found your problem.

That Panhard is ROOTED.

I'd be having a look at the mount on the drivers side, too. That thing has had a serious slap into something.....

Hmm can you point it out? I'm not sure where the snap is cause i was just looking then.. But if i take the rod off will i be out to move the wheel over just to see what it looks like?

No snap, just bent.

See the rod that mounts on the chassis on the right, and on the diff on the left? The rod with the big bend in it? Well, it's meant to be a lot straighter than that.

Go to a wrecker, get another one, and change it.

Safety Sam also says: Buy a decent jack and some proper chassis stands before you hurt yourself.

Edited by Redwarf

That Panhard rod reminds me of one on my old Corona the girlfriend borrowed once!

She bought it back to me with a heap of grass hanging out between the rim and the bead of the tyre and bent panhard rod.

Said she knew nothin about it, but her younger brother dobbed her in as he was in the car when she did a big hand brakey around a corner and hit a rut on the side of the road fully sideways :D

Lol yeah i will tomorrow, was just jacking it up like that to take some pics =D

But wouldn't you think if someones changed the hole diff the panhard rod would of been changed?

And he told me it was like that when he bought it and when he throw the other diffs in it never changed it.

Edited by Shadex

But wouldn't you think if someones changed the hole diff the panhard rod would of been changed?

And he told me it was like that when he bought it and when he throw the other diffs in it never changed it.

The panhard rod does not come with a s/h diff. some wreckers cut them off with the oxy, they don't usually bend unless the vehicle is slid hard into a gutter. This usually also bends the rim and sometimes also bends the axle between the bearing and the drive flange.

But then again if the same thing happens with the '70 as with the gemini when lowered.... The old owner just could have pressed the bar to get the rear end straight

But its better to be safer then sorry. So get something decent for the car to sit on while you climb under for a good hard look see

It doesn't really make a difference. We went through all this a couple of years ago, and the difference is only a couple of mm from standard ride height to lowered.

*edit* That would be here: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...c=675&st=45

Edited by Redwarf

Sounds like he slide into a gutter pretty hard and f@$ked the diff and bent the rod and just replaced the diff to try and rectify it. If your in Brisbane i have a straight panard rod you can have for free.

Des :D

Sounds like he slide into a gutter pretty hard and f@$ked the diff and bent the rod and just replaced the diff to try and rectify it. If your in Brisbane i have a straight panard rod you can have for free.

Des :D

Nah from Adelaide lol.. But if i go to like a self serve wreckers they would have them on the car still you reckon?

Or would they all be cut with a oxy... I also gotta find some hard springs for the back.. apparntly EH or EA springs are really hard for KE70s.

Nah from Adelaide lol.. But if i go to like a self serve wreckers they would have them on the car still you reckon?

Or would they all be cut with a oxy... I also gotta find some hard springs for the back.. apparntly EH or EA springs are really hard for KE70s.

Yeah, They generally only cut them when they remove the diff for some one etc, But if the diff is still in the car you have a good chance of getting a good one.

Yeah, They generally only cut them when they remove the diff for some one etc, But if the diff is still in the car you have a good chance of getting a good one.

How hard are they to take out, is it just those 2 bolts and it comes off?

And with the springs do you know witch model falcon it is? someone said AU.. but there like 98+