And Another Problem!

Shadex

Hey again all :P

Seems i got anther problem with my Ke70 hehe.. It seems when i use reverse .. it sounds like I'm running cogs throw my car... ( its very loud while sideways ).This problem you can here in First as well.

Would it be that my gearbox is low on Fluid? And if so how do i check it and fill it up? ( I know its not in the engine bay )

Ive put more diff oil in cause i thought it may be that as that was leaking fluid. But its not..

And The other question i have is... Whats a good carby for a 4k .. I'm planing on doing big things to this engine.. Well not nessaserarly this one.. But a Recon 4k..

Cam.. Port Polish.. Headers all that.. But first i wanna make sure i can get the fuel in there.. Is this a good thing to do first? A mate said a 3k Worked carby is good for 4ks. Is this correct?

Thanks Russ.

Members dont see this ad

The bearings could be shagged.

On the g'box just under clutch lever spring you'll find a bolt (something like a 17mm). Thats the g'box fill hole, you can check the oil level by sticking your finger (or a bent piece of wire) in there. The oil level should be just under the hole.

If it is low on oil have a look at the rear seal (would have to pull the prop shaft out)

Ok, Had fluid.. took it to a mechanic today .. he said its the bearings in the box.. so.. he said it will be cheaper to get a new box and put in then to do bearings and maybe the Gears them self to.

So.. I though since its a 4spd.. Could i get a 5spd box without having to replace diffs and shafts? Just swap the 4 spd with the 5 ? Ive been told from someone this will work on a Ke70.. But i hate only getting one opinion.. Thats why I'm going to another mechanic tomorrow :)