Ke20

907PSI

:) G'day guys has anyone had any problems with their tail lights and dash lights not working. The fuse isn't blown and when i use the brakes the brake lights work and the front parkers come on. Also the hi beam lights stay constantly on but if you pull back on the indicator stalk they turn off and if you push it forward the blue hi beam dash incicator light flicks on for half a second but they still stay on. Please can someone help me?

Members dont see this ad

Sounds more like wiring faults. Which is pretty likely considering the age of the car. Your brake light/parkers problem could be the wiring in the tail lights. Or its one of the connections that can be traced from under the dash back to the tail lights. A short doesn't always blow the fuse/s. It'll only blow if a circuit is made to ground. EG - Your brake lights shorting out to the tail lights/parkers.

The high beam could either be the indicator stalk or the switch on the dash is shorting out.

no dash lights could be a faulty dimmer unit.

no tail lights - have you checked the globes (simple, i know but check them anyway)

i'll scan in the wiring diagrams out of my manual later if you need (PM me) and it will show the colours of the wires for you to trace back from the dash/switches.

time to take the front seat out (its only four bolts), get a pillow, and have some fun under the dash.

• 2 weeks later...
no tail lights - have you checked the globes (simple, i know but check them anyway)

Very simple indeed, I made the mistake of putting my globes in backwards, the brake lights worked but the taillights didn't, stupid me.

Check everything more then twice :D

Also Check the resistance in your wires could be a corroded wire somewhere, check all the earths too.

I also had a faulty indicator stalk and my lights wouldn't work at all. Get a test light and check all your connections to see if they're getting power, could help chase the problem.

• 3 weeks later...