Does This Sound Good

1evlgt

Ok I think this sounds right please correct me if I'm wrong.

5k block with 4 k crank with 4agez pistions

Fuel injection will it fit on?

I'm planing on running some high boost so my cr would be around 8 to 1 about 30psi might sound like over kill but hell it will be fun :lolcry:

265degree cam

I think i will have to port the head to match the fuel injection?

Oversized valves

Ke70 jpipe for the custom turbo setup

5spd celica box behind it

Hilux lsd diff

does this sound about right? , Is there anything else i would have to do to handel this type of boost? :hmm: any help would be great as I'm tired of my old 5k na tuned engine.

Members dont see this ad

Is it school holidays already? OK OK I know you finished in 2003...

30psi.....just let me say LOL. You really need to do some SERIOUS reading before you get flamed far worse than this. I highly doubt you could run even 20psi with a J pipe...and even 20psi would be bordering on too much for all but the most serious 5K.

p.s. what happened to the skyline?

Mate, like irokin said, do some serious research so you don't make yourself look like a tool again. :yes:

I ran 20psi on a j pipe.....but I doubt it was far off melting and dripping from the manifold!!! :lolcry: :hmm:

If you wanna run serious boost, get a decent manifold made like my new one.

What fuel injection do you plan on running!? :hmm:

And how are you going to drop the CR!? :sob:

Edited by Taz_Rx

Another thing to consider is the speed of the airflow through the ports and valves. Once the air flow goes sonic the flow increase in relation to a given pressure increase goes from exponential to linear. In other words you need more pressure to get the same gain you did before the airflow went sonic. And now because you need more pressure for the same gain you increase the amount of heat generated so you lose even more efficiency with less dense air and so begins the downward spiral.

Lol ok thanks guys i throught i couldent run 30psi wasent to sure how tuff these engines were for the fuel injection i was going to do some reseach into it, so on anover note this might give me a reason to get a 4agez :lolcry: and save money in the long run.

you'd need forged pistons, arp head bolts, o'ringed block, copper head gasket a decent aftermarket computer and a knock sensor... the hardest part is getting all 8 ports to seal on a non-crossflow motor under massive pressure

and of coarse you need all the other usal upgrades, double valve springs, balancing etc....