Vibratiing Ke30

cut03

Members dont see this ad

Only in first and only noticeable under load, driving on flat ground is usually OK, but starting up a hill or trying to get the thing on a car trailer it just shakes,

if I slip the clutch and give it a lot of revs i can get it going and once the clutch is fully engaged its fine

I know I will have to take the box out again to fix what ever the problem is, but I don't really want to put the spare 4 speed in it, put it all back together again just to test the box.

thanks

Bruce

one possibility it could be is the clutch itself isn't balanced properly. just another individual thing it could be.

if you're taking the box off anyway, you might as well put the 4spd on to rule it out as the cause.

not positive news i know, but better having a small list of possible culprits that a long list of it's probably not's.

dF

Guys this is my first post, but I have a simular problem, I have a 5K + 5 speed in a Morris Minor Ute, problem is I have a

shocking shudder when letting out the clutch in first gear if the car is on a hill, the whole car shakes its back side off, I have spent all day

changing the flywheel to one which has been machined, I took it for a run and it is exactly the same.

I have a new clutch and pressure plate, new uni joints.

So could it be a stuffed clutch and pressure plate or is there a known problem with the 5 speed gear boxes?

Engine mounts probably LH

Guys, engine mounts are good, flywheel has been faced.

Half my problem is the Morrie is still being built and the gearbox was purchased by it's self, so I don't know what condition it is in, at least I know the engine is fully rebuilt, tail shaft and diff are OK.

This is the reason I thing the box is the problem.

Does a 4 speed fit the same as a 5 speed, i mean will there be a problem with the tail shaft length?

Bruce

I have decided to buy a new heavy duty clutch and pressure plate as well as new engine mounts, so next weekend I will have removed 2 more things which could be causing the problem.

Whats $300 if it means I keep working on the dam thing and not just give up again.

thanks again for all your ideas

Bruce