Lower Control Arms

kangaroosa

Well my Corona Strut Coilover upgrade is all complete and bolted together. I have an issue where i cannot afford to have anymore track at the front of my KE30. If i were to use Corona or Scorpoian LCA's, the extra ~30mm of track would put my wheels outside of the gaurds.

The KE30 LCA's are within about 2mm from centre to centre of the bolt holes from bolting up to the Corona strut. I could probably re-drill the LCA's to give the extra bolt hole width, but that also means i would have to do away with the sleeves that locate the LCA to the Strut. It all seems a bit dodgy to me...and considering this car is going to be engineered, I want everything to be spot on.

So has anyone used another LCA that will be compatible with this setup? It must not provide anymore front track....if anything i need to lose 5-10mm.

Members dont see this ad

I actually just did a quick measure 'again' on the two LCA's. The KE30 arm appears to be 5mm longer when measuring from the center of the Balljoint to the center of the bolt hole to the chassis. The only thing that could be different is if the steering arm is offset towards the outside of the car?

Any luck?

Yep. It all bolted up fine, and the geometry seems to be spot on. Havent driven it yet becase the brakes arent piped in, but it all appears to be fine and should work well.

No change in the track (as was expected) but was very glad that the wheel was in the gaurd when i dropped it off the jack.

Thanks