29122007229.jpg

29122007228.jpg

29122007226.jpg

16122007178_Edit_1.jpg

16122007175_Edit_1.jpg

16122007174_Edit_1.jpg

Edited by TWNCAM

Members dont see this ad
Lol i got defected today for my pod filter lol he said it creates more emissions hahahahahaha what a load of crap.

It can if you don't have all the vacuum lines hooked up as they should be. Original air box and K&N filter is better anyway and looks better in my eyes.

Nah my dads a mechanic all the emissons on an efi car is computer controlled by the (edit) MAP Sensor and the O2 sensor so if theres more air it adjusts the fuel to keep the standard Air/Fuel ratio which i believe is 7.6:1

Edited by TWNCAM

ummm dude you car doesn't have an air flow meter, It has a MAP sensor instead. Those vacuum lines might help control cold idle/warm idle anything.

O2 sensor controls cruising speed mixtures and idle mixtures i think, I know it doesn't do everything.

Edited by AE70

You'd want to be careful where the fire extinguisher is. That consol is only screwed down by four screws plus the extinguisher is (by the looks) only a clip in. The last thing you'd want is it turning into a 1.2kg missile... Safer to bolt it to the floor or something and use one of those bracket mounts that have use a "clamp" around the extinguisher and then stick some gaffer tape over the release lever to stop someone from popping the clamp open.

Used a pod filter one time in my old twinky and by seat of the pants dnyo testing the airbox felt better in power and reponse (bellmouthed the outlet of the box, removed a section of the intake pipe so that it sucked in air from the tire well and used a K&N filter)

Kinda makes me miss my ol' twinky

Factory airbox comes standard with cold air induction.

But either way use what you've got - the paint tin idea sounds good, i'd just run the cold air pipe into the guard and no further. The guard and inner guard acts as a coarse filter (bugs, grass, stones, water, etc) plus you'll still be getting the cooler air

• 2 weeks later...