Sa Transportation Laws

fusion

Well its a JDM bigport so its got 96kw, SO, technically that'd be a 10.4% increase in power. They're either not too concerned about the 0.4, or think its an ADM bigport (although i stated clearly on the form it is JDM). Either way, i thought they only took into account motors that were available locally, but i guess now. Just looking forward to getting the statement of requirements so i can tell everyone what they will be looking for in the future :) Most definately glad to be holding onto it though! Just gotta get all of the other stuff they'll check up to order as they'll no doubt do a full inspection :(

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statement of requirements came in the mail today (for my KE70 JDM 4age swap), so thought i'd post up some of it as promised:

"This statement of requirements which expires on 29 Feb 2009, relates only to the vehicle described hereon and is not to be taken as a precedent.

Based upon the data supplied by you the modification(s) proposed to be carried out to the above vehicle (1983 ke70), namely:

1. the fitting of a Toyota 4age 4 clyinder EFI engine

2. The fitting of Toyota AE86 234mmx12.5mm disc brakes to the front axle

3. The fitting of a Toyota T-18 (TE72) rear differential incorporating 228.6mmx54mm drum brakes to the rear axle

will be acceptable to this office subject to the following conditions:

1 INSPECTION

That upon completion of the work, you are required to present this vehicle for inspection. If this SOR stipulates an engineering report is to be obtained that it is available (along those lines). A new application form must be completed if modifications are not completed by the expiry date on this form.

2. work is carried out exactly as specified to accepted automotive engineering and trade practices

3. the vehicle meets all other appropriate requirements of the RTA and Regulations

4. that the engine fitted is tested with an exhaust gas analyser at recommended idle speed and the attached "Vehicle Emission Test report" form is completed and supplied to the inspector at the time of inspection.

5. That the exhaust system emits not more than 2.5% carbon monoxide and 250 parts per million of hydrocarbons at engine idle speed

6. that the evaporative emission control devices are fitted and operational

7. That the engine is not modified to increase the power and/or torque of the standard 4age

8. That the noise emitted from the exhaust is in accordance with Vehicle Standards

9. THat the engine is fitted with the original manufacturer's injection system, injectors and engine management system (note - at the time of inspection, the ecu must be accessible for inspection)

10. that the front wheel track shall not exceed 1346mm

11. that the rear wheel track shall not exceed 1361mm

12. That the brake master cylinder and rear calipers are compatible with the disc/drum combination

13. That the correct brake balance front/rear is achieved

14. NOTE - following a road test further alterations to the braking system may be required

15. That an inspection is undertaken by the Vehicle identification section of transport SA.......

This form MUST be presented to the inspecting officer.

So bascially, the main things from all of that is the exhaust can't be too loud (less than 90dB, it must pass an emmissions test, the carbon canister must be hooked up, track not increased too much, and brake master cylinder compatible with the disc/drum combination.

Only queries i have is regarding the emmissions test and master cylinder:

SHOULD a 4age that is completely standard except for a 2" exhaust with extractors and pod filter, running stock ecu etc pass an emissions test? and

I'm guessing the standard ke70 brake booster wouldnt be classed as "compatible" for the disc/drum combination, meaning i'd probably have to get a AE86 one?

Thanks in advance for any guidance on the above couple of points.

Got alot of work to do, but will get it done. Thought the letter said it expires on 29/2/08, so was happy when i read it again cause even with the engine already in, it would've been a struggle to get the rest of it done :y:

only if there is a sign saying so. Unfortunately you'll only find these signs in Canberra.

Jordan

Wrong where wingfield Street at wingfield is you knoe the hydro shop on grandjunction rd its there i was there 1 day turned when it was safe cop was there a bit further down thought i ran a red light untill i pointed

the sign out lol how lucky hey.

and for the info on mods goto regency and ask for ADR booklet for do's and don't's on passenger cars thats where i got mine from just incase mr poopoo wants to defect my nissan i try to keep it in the car so i

show them hey thats not illegal lol have fun on your mod conquest :'(

Edited by Fore Skin(2)

14. NOTE - following a road test further alterations to the braking system may be required

just out of interest, do you have metal compound pads on the car?

If so, you might want to swap them out for the road test: when I got my bluebird engineered in Victoria, they did a number of hard stop tests with an accelerometer. They have to do it cold, so there is variation between the readouts etc.

you could check with them first.

• 3 weeks later...