January 21, 200818 yr comment_222206 Howdy all, Where is the best (cheap) place to get a 3k head reconditioned in Perth metro?? Report
January 22, 200818 yr Author comment_222443 A guy at work has recommended Applied Automotive in Bentley. The qute was $55 for reface, Max $250 if lots of welding required. Sounds good to me. Report
January 23, 200818 yr comment_222678 thats cheap as..when i got mine (4age) fully recoed it me about 550..they had to weld heaps tho.. Report
January 23, 200818 yr comment_222679 I got my 4AGE head done about 2 months ago or so. Cost me $640 with new valves, New everything and no welding was needed. $250 Sounds a bit cheap to me. Are they doing valve stem seals, Re grinding valve seats, Crack testing, Vacuum test the valves etc ? Report
January 23, 200818 yr Author comment_222810 I don't think so for that price, but I might get them to do all that. I'll let you know what the final damage is. Report
January 25, 200818 yr Author comment_223195 Final damage completely rebuilt, ready to fit $360. Thats valves reground (exhaust somethings replaced). Some welding required. Is this resonable?? Oh and the second head I picked up was cactus, it's the thought that counts, thanks for jumping in and trying to help me out. Report
January 25, 200818 yr Author comment_223196 Also got the radiator serviced, was 50% blocked! They say it's now as good as new. cost $88. not bad me thinks! Report
January 25, 200818 yr comment_223198 Final damage completely rebuilt, ready to fit $360. Thats valves reground (exhaust somethings replaced). Some welding required. Is this resonable?? Oh and the second head I picked up was cactus, it's the thought that counts, thanks for jumping in and trying to help me out. What was wrong with it?????????? Report
January 25, 200818 yr Author comment_223269 Needed welding in 9+ spots and had been refaced one too many times. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now