Rear Shocks For Ke Corolla

demuire

Have been thinking about my suspension, and what I can do to maybe make the car easier to drive, and talking to a few people who would probably know what they are talking about, and one thing that could be wrong with the current set up is maybe the rear shocks aren't really up to the job.

They are currently standard KE35 KYB's. The car, however, is a little heavier (cage), the diff is heavier (Celica) and the springs a fair bit stiffer (approx 200lb), so perhaps the KYB's aren't really valved for all that... Will be getting the car back on the shock dyno early next year so I guess I'll find out then.

I've heard rumours that Commodore shocks are a suitable replacement? Is this true? If so, what sort of Commodore? How are they different to the Corolla ones? Heavier valving? Any other differences?

Or maybe I should just get some adjustable shocks like Koni's or something... Or Proflex, hahahahhahahahahahahahahaaaaaa :insane: Dream on...

Edited by demuire

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

those kybs are gas by the way. i'd go pedders if i was buying dampers again, just listen to rob talk about them

if you have a look in a shock absorber catalog (i know the monroe cat has it) all the different part numbers and series mean something (such a top and bottom mountings), and you can get measurements for stroke and stuff if you need a different geometry damper. you could find out which commodore shocks fit that way, but from memory they just have a shorter stroke for lowered springs

HQ holden use exactly the same rear shocks as ke3x corolla. you can get spax coilovers for HQs... go on :doublebird: