New Nt Region Leader

ancullen

Some of you may or may not have noticed that Daven (sirolla) now has a new title in his member profile. This is because I have asked the moderators to make him a Region Leader for the NT section. I am still Region Leader as well, but I wanted someone to help grow the club and improve it in the NT in 2008.

I have selected Daven because he has been in RollaClub almost as long as I have, and has always been a great member. When he returns to Darwin full time in mid 2008, he will be able to contribute greatly to the NT section once again.

Congratulations to Daven on this promotion of sorts - I hope you all make him feel welcome in this new role, and support him in improving RollaClub in the NT.

Members dont see this ad
lol where did you think you would go? Obtain a fulltime position paying upwards of $100k a year?

You really can be a f@$king idiot Stephen.

My goals for RollaClub in the NT were, and still are:

- Get more members

This has happened, but I would have liked to have seen about twenty active members by this time. At this stage we've got about five active.

- Hold regular events

Events haven't been as regular as I would have liked, and I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for trying to organise another after last time.

That's all I wanted. I don't think it's a big ask, it just hasn't happened. There are heaps of nice Corollas around, whose owners are not members of RollaClub. I try and encourage such types to join when I see/meet them, but haven't had a huge amount of luck. Hopefully at the Motoring Extravaganza in June we'll attract some more members, so that's a good start. Events are a tad pointless when we don't have that many members, although things are slowly improving. The main reason for making Daven a Region Leader is to bring in some more enthusiasm.

Thanks Adam, and fellow NT Rollaclub members! I know pretty much all of you's besides Andrew, so i hope that we'll all co-operate and do our part as a club and make Rollaclub NT a name for itself in the near future.... I do mean a more sociable club rather than an official car club.

As Adam has been region mod since the start, he does take the upper hand (of course) and i'll do my best to assist and help the club in events and recruitment and among other things as well.

Thanks again for accepting, Daven. Obviously it will be better when you're back in town permenantly, but this way you can get a feel for your new moderating powers straight away. You don't actually end up getting to do that much more, as we can't delete posts, suspend or ban members, or do anything outside the NT area. But you can edit posts where needed and moderators will always help you if you request it.

You may notice that the admin & global moderators come through the NT section regularly to keep an eye on us and help clean up all the spam Stephen generates. They do that for every section, but a little bit more for us due to the unusually high number of posts we seem to generate. :y:

You should have seen the NAMSC bbq I did last weekend. All the snags were looking beautiful (even though the person that started cooking them didn't use oil either :'( ), but then I got distracted at one point trying to deal with various people's payment and suddenly when I turned around I had a heap of black sausages. At least 75% of the sausages were still good, but I was extremely shitty about the ones that were killed. Just wait, next time we do a bbq I'm going to cook again - no burnt ones this time. :lol: