February 13, 200818 yr comment_227511 When people talk about a wam motor and a hot motor what makes it warm/hot? Also, does anyone have any idea if you can get a strut brace for a ke55? :y: Report
February 13, 200818 yr comment_227518 Warm means mildly worked, eg, single webber, small cam, extractors. Hot could mean heavily worked, eg. high compression, big cam, valve springs, port job, twin sidedraught webbers, ect ect. It has nothing to do with what temp it runs at. Weather a motor is warm or hot or cold is all a matter of opinion, Report
February 13, 200818 yr comment_227556 Warm = kinda stolen. Hot = stolen. Edited February 13, 200818 yr by Trev Report
February 13, 200818 yr Author comment_227578 I've got another one. I was just thinking about my air filter situation with my dual webers, I wanted to get ramtubes with socks, but I'm thinking with the webers sitting directly above the extractors, its going to be kind of hot. What do you think of this setup, would it work? A pod filter down behind the front bar, through that flexi/thermal piping, upto an exlosed box with the trumpets inside? or Just the piping from the front bar up towards the weber intake, not in a box, just moving colder air into that area? anyone got any ideas other then these? or anything on these ideas? much appreciated! Report
February 13, 200818 yr comment_227620 I personally would build an alloy heat shield between the carbs and manifold, especially now while you have it all off. As for the cold air, sounds good, it could look a bit crap, but performance is the main thing. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now