Not Corolla Related...

Hey,

GUESS WHAT I SAW TODAY???!!! A mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10!!

About 6 months ago I saw a SWEET Evo 9 parked near where I worked...It was schmick! I went into one of the shops, and in conversation asked if she knew who owned it... imagine my surprise when she told me it was her husbands! NO WAY! So I said when was he coming in next? She told me and I went and drooled over his car ;)

ANYWAY today I was walking along the street and there was a lancer there, I noticed it had a FMIC and thought...hmm not too sure about these new lancers, hang on...why has it got a FMIC? So I checked it out....then on the way back I noticed it was an EVO10! so I lingered and drooled some more...and got back to work....

About 5 minutes later, my friend's husband (the one in the 2nd paragraph) walks in and says "hey Lesley, wanna see what I'm driving?" I was thinking to myself, god it can't be better than the EVO...I said, "whatcha driving?" he says "the EVO10"... NO WAY!!! so out I run and start REALLY drooling over the car..the grills on the front fenders, the brembo brakes, the gorgeous rims, the recaro seats...the engine bay.....the sound system, the sub which is standard in the boot ... the twin exhaust and the sound of it... the list goes on and on....i was in heaven :wink:

We got talking, it's got the paddle gear shifts and the twin clutch system, it's one of only two in Australia and GUESS WHAT THEYRE GOING TO DO WITH IT?!?!?!? They're going to CRUSH it! NO WAY!! :y: apparently it doesn't meet ADR emission standards so they're going to crush it .... :(

I saw my friend later in the day and I asked her to thank her husband for stopping by and letting me drool all over the car, and she said "I asked him to, I thought you might like it, but he was worried it might come across as arrogant, and I told him that with other people it might, but when it comes to you, you're into cars and you'd get a buzz" (did I EVER!) and I told her it was the highlight of my day, and a BIG thank you :D

It was SO cool!!!!

Lesley :hmm:

Members dont see this ad

I can tell you exactly what will happen... the small bit of metal which has the VIN stamped on it will be cut out and sent to DOTARS to 'prove' its been 'crushed'... I've heard of it being done to circumvent the rules for importing 'race use only' vehicles.

Incedentally, I inspected quite a few new evos at the Tokyo auctions... and as much as I despise Mitsubishis I will admit that they are a pretty damn sexy and serious bit of kit... wouldn't mind taking one for an extended test drive through the twisties :wink: