4age Alternator/charging Problem

mundawg

hey guys i just recently done a 4age conversion into my ae71... I'm having problems with my alternator, it wont charge my battery, the charge light just comes on in the dash and it will just run dead my battery...just wonderin if anyone has ran into this same prob before and could help us out..

cheers

Members dont see this ad

is it the denso (bird cage) alt on it or sone thing else, if it is make sure that you have all feeds to the 3 pin plug, there should be a ign feed, a battery feed, and the warning light feed,

with a test light check that you have the 2 power feeds and the warning light with the key on will glow the test light dimmley and the light on the dash will be on just,

if a bosch alt there will be a 2 pin plug on the back of the regulator, there slould be a battery feed and a warning light feed, (test the same wy as the denso)

if thats all good then the prob is in the alternator itself.

check the charge rate on the alternator first to make sure it is the alternator circuit thats playing up and not the battery itself..brand new batteries can b faulty... grab a multimeter n check voltage straight across the battery terminals while the car is running..if its charging properly shuld b bout 13.3-14 volts..if not then it is the alternator n u can diagnose from there