Km's To The Tank?

1984KE70

7shades, I told you it was a long drive to Cairns. you should try importing your gas from Japan, it is closer than Bass Straight isn't it? They (the Japs) are buying lpg from us for 9 cents a litre and we are paying up to 79 cents a litre at the servo. GRRRRR. :sob: Are we suckers or what?

You're not wrong.

Another ironic feat of stupidity is the fact that Australia is a nett crude oil exporter, and yet we send it to singapore to be refined, and then buy it back.

If we refined our crude onshore, we'd be paying about the same as Indonesea, which is about 40c a litre at the moment. Oh, Indo also has much better quality fuel than us too.

Luckily, I also have a diesel. There is a small company operating just north of Cairns... they import 20ft bladders of Copra (coconut palm) oil from PNG, combine it with waste veggie oil and refine it into biodiesel.

I buy it 400L at a time at $1 a litre.

The downside to that, is the countless hectares of virgin rainforest being cleared to create palm plantations...

There's no winner really, we just gotta stop burning shit to make our cars go.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tune it to perfection lol. do what my brother does, neutral down hills, top gear as soon as he can and he's set up his car to run alot more low down torque and he gets almost 1000km out of 55L. it's pretty damn good. he's laughing all the way to the bank the bugger. my car doesn't have enough power to set it up like that lol. But i guess we could get off our fat-lazy-arses (me especially, I'm 5' 4 and 85kgs) and public transport it or ride a bike perhaps. oh well for the time being we can just pressure the government to get rid of the ridiculous 37.5c/l tax on the fuel on top of the 12.5c/l tax it already had before little johnny bastard howard came into office. wipe half that whole tax and were paying just on $1 a litre again

:sob:

tune it to perfection lol. do what my brother does, neutral down hills, top gear as soon as he can and he's set up his car to run alot more low down torque and he gets almost 1000km out of 55L. it's pretty damn good. he's laughing all the way to the bank the bugger. my car doesn't have enough power to set it up like that lol. But i guess we could get off our fat-lazy-arses (me especially, I'm 5' 4 and 85kgs) and public transport it or ride a bike perhaps. oh well for the time being we can just pressure the government to get rid of the ridiculous 37.5c/l tax on the fuel on top of the 12.5c/l tax it already had before little johnny bastard howard came into office. wipe half that whole tax and were paying just on $1 a litre again

:sob:

True! Hehe! Thanks mate! I normal put it into netural on downhills anyway! Also doe's it chew through more petrol to leave it running for let's say around 5 mins in neutral? Or would it be cheaper to turn it off then 5 min's when your ready to go again turn it back on again? Sorry if that's confusing or stupid!

neutral for a short amount of time IS better, but probly about 3-5 mins is all you would have to leave it like that for, cause u'd be going down one mother of a hill to go neutral for more than 5 minutes lol. leaving it too long causes the petrol to start being eaten away though if your a keen fuel saver you will set the idle to a speed that will hold well and not be too low that it feels as its gunna cut out, as we found experimenting. Keep tyring new things for saving fuel and post up here what you find out. i need to get slightly better mileage though it is heaps better than dad bommadore. 3800 with around 15L/100km is pathetic, though that is being driven in little d (3rd) all the time and being put through its paces a fair bit.

yeah well sitting stationary probly 5 mins is most i'd leave it, or just tickle it occasionally. I'm also thinking about changing the diff to see what effects that will have to economy, not sure what will be a good ratio for take-off/econ though. haha if worse comes to worse ill pull the seats out of the rear and do some lightweight modding to get that extra few km's :sob:

yeah well sitting stationary probly 5 mins is most i'd leave it, or just tickle it occasionally. I'm also thinking about changing the diff to see what effects that will have to economy, not sure what will be a good ratio for take-off/econ though. haha if worse comes to worse ill pull the seats out of the rear and do some lightweight modding to get that extra few km's :sob:

Haha funni as mate! When u say tickle it what do u mean?

When i had my Corona with the v6 in it i was scared to turn it off at sets of lights in case it wouldn't start again.

Same with shifting into neutral, I was scared it wouldn't shift back in drive. One day it didn't shift back and i was stuck at a very busy intersection in peak hour traffic.

When i had my Corona with the v6 in it i was scared to turn it off at sets of lights in case it wouldn't start again.

Same with shifting into neutral, I was scared it wouldn't shift back in drive. One day it didn't shift back and i was stuck at a very busy intersection in peak hour traffic.

Sucks...What sorta V6 did u have in it?

i dunno how many km/s to a tank, as I'm too poor to fill it all the way up:P

but I'm very fuel conscious so i hit the trip meter every time i put some in.

i usually put in 10$ (so at average 1.20/L thats about 8L, i don't drive much, catch the train to uni every day, lucky to use 10$/week) and i will get around 70kms before the fuel light turns on again.

my 4k is stock with a 3k carby.

do you think that economy is good? (roughly 11.5L/100km)???

Edited by ke70dave

i dunno how many km/s to a tank, as I'm too poor to fill it all the way up:P

but I'm very fuel conscious so i hit the trip meter every time i put some in.

i usually put in 10$ (so at average 1.20/L thats about 8L, i don't drive much, catch the train to uni every day, lucky to use 10$/week) and i will get around 70kms before the fuel light turns on again.

my 4k is stock with a 3k carby.

do you think that economy is good? (roughly 11.5L/100km)???

Sound's pretty good mate!

Until a few weeks ago, 8km/litre in my 3sge KE25.

But recently tuned the light load settings from 2000-3500rpm to about 17:1 AFR (as opposed to previous 13.5:1). Also upped the timing alot at light loads- (which I can do safely in this load range) with the WOLF 3D.

Last tank I got better than 10.5 km litre, or 9 litres per 100km. Thats going over big hills, and through the city each day.

Happy with that!!