82 Ke70 4 Banger :d

Gspec

Was this advertised on ebay a few months back? Best of luck with the build. How long til you register it?

Yeah its probably the car you saw on Ebay a while back.

I didn't pay what the asking price.

Hopefully it wont be too long before she's legal, depends on my time and the weather.

The only roady issues are rust, tyres, a lense... maybe brakes.

Members dont see this ad
your wait wont be too much longer man.... and at that price its worth the wait.

Yeah still finding more rust. Done a fair amount of cut n shut so far. I'll show you some before and after pics soon... rust repair with out using bog, this will be 1 rare rolla :dance:

I've been looking around for cleaner body so i can get something on the road a little sooner (fix this one at my own lessure) but its seems that people want stupid money for rusty dungers that are in similar condition to mine.... either these people are smoking crack cocaine or the peaople that buy these cars have NO idea.... which may be a blessing in disguise.... if they are willing to part with 4 digits for rusty shitters, then once my rolla is returned to a rust free state it will be worth a small fortune :lolcry:

The spit is getting closer to cvompletion so once the VB10 is done, i'll get my ksev on it a rust treat it from all angles.

If you can get your 38 off the road for a little we'll spit it up as well and get some POR 15 all over its little body :y:

spitrearnp5.jpg

spitfrontdt8.jpg

The rotty looks good mate :hmm:

Haha with the way petrol is, dad will probably park the commodore out back and use my car, but if possible that sounds good to me mate.

A ke70 with no rust, not many can say that :y:

Here's the before pic of the boot rear rail. The pic doesn't do it justice... theres a lot of rust there. Where you can see bog, is rust.

rustbeforemw6.jpg

then after the basic cut n shut, its a fair bit tidier.

No rust No bog... all it requires is bit a of dolly work and its as good as new :lolcry:

14062008042rc3.jpg

Nice to know i'm not the only corolla nut that takes the effort to weld instead of fill, when doing rust repairs.

if a jobs worth doing... :lolcry:

... filling doesn't really repair rust, if anything it just makes it worse.

Jeez mate that has come up quite nice :)

When you showed me the pics of the rust in this, i was very surprised, now seeing your craftsmanship, it doesnt seem as big a job :dance:

Keep it up dude, AND don't LOSE FAITH IN FINDING ANOTHER KESEV :dance:

• 1 month later...

About time for an update.

Finally a weekend of good weather.

most of the fiddley bits are ptached up... its takes ages making intricate sections.

Sonn the rust will be gone... thens its paint and rego

:)

• 1 month later...

*** PROJECT CANCELLED!!! ***

Found this jem ....

New Project

Already got 2 Datsuns to finish so the KE70 is getting parted out, help other Rollaclub members finish their projects :y:

KE70 parts link

hey man, i was interested in the fuel injection setup. is it like a kit or just bits you collected? will it bolt to the head or is it like a weber-flanged itb setup? can't wait to see it on the car.

yeah it bolts onto a webber manifold.... its a kit from... http://www.efihardware.com

Cosr over a grand just for those bits.

There are probably much better options available.