ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm inclined to agree. Once we hit about 50-60km/h the Levin should the lead due to more power and less weight. Of course, the GT-Four has more power potential than the Levin, but I have no intentions of trying to explore it. A GT28RS or a small GT30 would see the GT-Four lay waste to the Levin at all speeds. :P

Stephen will have issues when he tries to race the TA22. :D

steve will have issues if my engien plans ever come together

eventually probably not :P

but yeah nice car brus

have u got some engine specs

tubo internels

comp?

adam ur gt4 is gonna get a hiding ahahah

i got a disco potato

not for sale tho

Just copied from for sale ad

Engine:

Ae101 4AGZE Block

40 Thou Overbore

P.A.R. Conrods

Ae101 LSD Close Ratio Gearbox (E58-11c)

Wiseco 8:0:1 Low Compression Pistons

TRD Piston Rings

Lightened and Counter-Balanced 4AGZE crank

Custom 4puck Ceramic Clutch

ARP Conrod and Head Studs

Cometic MLS Head Gasket

Ported and Polished 4age Head

HKS Valve Springs

HKS 264 Cams

Ferrera Valves

Precision SC50 450HP Dual Ball Bearing Turbo

Tial 38mm Waste-gate

Tial Blow Off Valve

Screamer Pipe (HPC Coated)

3inch Custom Exhaust

3inch Yum-Cha Cannon

High Mount Manifold (HPC Coated)

Custom 3 inch Dump Pipe (HPC Coated, Heat Wrapped)

100KW 4AGE Inlet Manifold (Polished)

600x300x78 Front Mount Intercooler

Custom Intercooler Plumbing (Polished)

Custom Intake (Polished)

Pod Filter

680cc Injectors

M&W Digital Ignition

Haltech E8 ECU

Toyota 1JZ Coilpacks

Walbro 550HP Fuel Pump

Blitz iDIII Boost Controller

Greddy Turbo Timer

Defi Guages and Controller (Water Temp, Oil Temp, Boost, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure)

Custom Engine Bay Tanks (Radiator, Washer, Oil Catch)(Polished)

Modified MR2 4AGE Cam Covers

Motul 4100 Turbo Lite Engine Oil

On BP 98 Pump Fuel at 20psi.. no timing advance and conservative tune made 205kw at the front wheels.

Edited by Pure-SX

adam ur gt4 is gonna get a hiding ahahah

i got a disco potato

not for sale tho

LOL - not as bad a hiding as you might think. :) I was beating Bilal's Excel with ease when he had 120fwkw and I hadn't modified the GT-Four at all. Now I've got noticeably more grunt. Hell, I might even have a chance of winning. We'll have to wait and see. ;)

Ported and Polished 4age Head

HKS Valve Springs

HKS 264 Cams

Ferrera Valves

Precision SC50 450HP Dual Ball Bearing Turbo

680cc Injectors

It's a pity the builder went to the trouble of getting the head ported and polished and then only used HKS cams. The HKS cams for the 4A-GE's suck a fair bit, with crap lift and fairly short duration (relative to many others on the market). Not many people bother with them. As for the Ferrea valves, it would be interesting to know what size they used. I know that bigger ones are available from other companies. Don't know what a Precision SC50 turbo is meant to be - I thought it had a GT30. Or is this a GT30-based turbo? As for 680cc injectors - FARK!!!

Anyway:

Car A: http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...rt=#entry461119

&

Car B: http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...rt=#entry467772

Please note that Car A has less mods than my GT-Four and still 'only' has 165kW at the wheels. Not only do I have an aftermarket 3" pipe to replace where the catalytic converter normally is (right after the turbo creating MASSIVE back pressure), I've also got a full 3" exhaust system, lightweight flywheel, and increased boost.

Car B is quite similar to mine except he's got the Apex'i PowerFC, smaller exhaust, different air filter, and a different type of boost controller. Mine is better in that it's already got an ORC clutch (he was putting one in after the dyno session) and I've got a 3" exhaust system.

Car A: 165kW (at wheels)

Car B: 254ps (at wheels) = 188kW (at wheels)

Let's say mine has the average of the two, at 176kW at the wheels. That's only 30kW less than the Levin, with the advantage of MUCH more grip, but the disadvantage of about 300kg extra weight. :( Worst case scenario: it will be a good race. Best case scenario: I win. :P

EDIT: Please note that 165kW at the wheel is the worst/lowest dyno figure I can find on that page. If I could find a lower one, I'd use it so you know I'm not trying to work my own figures up. Regardless only a drag will prove which is quicker. If I lose I'll just focus on my 4A-GZE. :D Just gotta decide if I'll go twincharge or twinscrew. :D

Edited by ancullen

The turbo is an American built jobby, based on a T3.

Just for the shits and giggles, anyone remember the 1/4 time Bilal ran in the excel?

As for the valves, not sure on specs, probably close to stock.

And Adam, the size of your ego amazes me sometimes lol, I took half of what you said as like "OMG, could have done x and y so much better lol"

and plus, we all know that I have a bigger e-wang :P

Your e-wang doesn't compare to my e-wang. It's just yours is more visible in that it's located on your forehead. :D :P

Not sure what 1/4 mile time Bilal ran. We didn't drag, it was only when we both lapsprinted at Hidden Valley one time. He had a good lead on me entering the straight, and I over took him. I probably had a slight advantage exiting turn 14 (slightly higher exit speed), but it would have only been 10km/h at most.

As for the "OMG..." comment, I was saying that those things could have been done better. When I (finally) get my 4A-GZE/4A-GZTE built, you'll know what I mean. For now you'll just have to assume it's me being egotistical as usual. :)

Edited by ancullen

what happens if i get 160 rwkws

and where is shane in on all of this

is he going to throw on the bigger blower

adam ur car has a ORC clutch that is buggerd aahha thats what will let you down in a race

and becides you's guys should stop compareing cars, ones not even a corolla

and one has a bigger engine

leave it to the actual corolla do-er-up-er-ss ahahahah to race :P

What I ment Adam, is the car is how the car is, sure things could have probably been done better(well better might not be the word, things could have been done to make the car more powerful).

Anyways I am happy with the car, and seriously thats all that should matter lol

P.S I find it funny when a 1.6L is compared to a 2L (Not this forum, twas another, but its a seriously different ball park)

But on a completely different note, I propose some form of get together at some stage, not sure what yet, we can all work that out.