ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:bash: TA22's and 4A-GZE and the rest of the gear departed from my place less than five minutes ago. Got $4,500 in my pocket and I'm feeling pretty good. The guy that bought everything lives in Katherine, and already has two TA22's, so now he's got four. He'll probably fix Tamika (the white one) up and sell her to cover costs. He raced the red one he's already got at the last track day, but it's only got a 2T. The other one he's got has an 18R-G. He's stoked to be getting the 4A-GZE, and I think he's considering building the yellow car into an over-2L IP car, which would be cool.

I would have thought I'd be a bit sadder to see everything go, but I'm not. I need the money, and although it would have been great to have had the 4A-GZE in something again (eg. a Clubman), I'd never get around to actually doing it. Hoping to get another toy to play with once I clear some debts, but for now I'll just enjoy the two I've got (Sally & Jenny).

Nah, haven't ordered one, probably won't as they haven't made a batch for FWD and i don't want to cut it where the engine mounts come through.

Car is now at Lukies (thanks Andy, my brother just works around the corner so it was convenient.

Pics of your new AE71, hopefully it's already got a 4age in it! LOL

Well guys, I freakin' LOVE motorbikes. Been having some issues with Jenny the GPZ250 and she'll start stalling under certain conditions. Happened this morning just as I was about to leave Palmerston, and this time she wouldn't restart. So I left her at Repco in Yarrawonga, organised a lift home, and drove the GT-Four to work. Went to check on the bike in the afternoon and she started straight away, but then had the same issues on the way home - managed to keep her running though.

Anthony was around, so we started to investigate what the problem might be, checking the main things like fuelling and electricals. We started to pull parts off to access other parts, and very quickly decided the fuel tank needed to be removed for improved access. Was this complex? No. How many bolts hold the fuel tank in place? Zero. It simply slides on to two metal brackets! It's both kinda scary (as in, it would come off fairly easily in an accident) and cool (as in it's ridiculously easy to work on as a result). She's still in pieces, as I'm going to purchase new plugs and leads, and I'm going to ditch the airbox (which was the only painful thing to remove) and make an individual filter bracket thing. It'll make the bike louder with cool induction noise. I'm also going to obtain a new slip-on muffler, as the current one won't muffle any noises as it's rusted through all around where it connects to the exhuast pipe. If I'm lucky I'll be able to find a full exhaust system cheap, and revert back to the original twin pipe setup instead of the single it's currently got.

Still want cars, but having a lot of fun on (and off) two wheels at the moment. :yes:

Edited by ancullen