Mid-1970s Corolla Frame Numbers

Hi everyone,

I'm working on some research into Toyota Vehicle Identification Numbers prior to when the US standardized on the 17-character VIN in 1981. I've been able to locate a lot of information about Toyota frame numbers from 1965 up to the start of 1975, and from the end of 1978 onwards. This leaves a rather frustrating hole in the middle from 1975 through 1978.

Does anyone have any information regarding frame numbers for the TE series (or any other models, for that matter) during this period?

Members dont see this ad
Does this include the ones shipped to Australia? If yes, I would love to know more about my 67 Rolla VIN 194XXX (When exactly was she made, what numbers were shipped to Australia...).

Unfortunately the production data I have prior to 1975 appears to be for the US only, as the first reference I have to the Corolla starts with January of 1968 and frame number KE10-232314. Most of that information is available at Stepho's Toyota Site if you'd like to check it out.

I get the impression that if Toyota kept more detailed records of this sort of thing (especially importation dates, etc.) and retained it, the data is buried in paper records at the back of some musty archive vault in Aichi or Tokyo.

I can probably help with some of this. But tell us this, what is the main thing you want to achive out of this excersize? What info are you after? And how can this help other people?

Do you want to be able to order parts? Crossreference parts? Learn production dates from the frame number?

PM me.