Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7k Mods

Featured Replies

Hi Guys,

 

I'm lookin at putting my efi turbo setup off my 4k onto my 7k and using a 5k head with solid lifters.

The rods in 7K's are very weak so I am goin to take her apart and see what can be done.

Also I read that i will need to adjust the sump an may need 7K mounts to get it into my car.

 

Does anyone else have any info that would help?

 

Cheers

Hi Guys,

 

I'm lookin at putting my efi turbo setup off my 4k onto my 7k and using a 5k head with solid lifters.

The rods in 7K's are very weak so I am goin to take her apart and see what can be done.

Also I read that i will need to adjust the sump an may need 7K mounts to get it into my car.

 

Does anyone else have any info that would help?

 

Cheers

 

I am no expert, but i don't think the 5K head bolts onto the 7k, yep you need new

mounts and the sump cut and shut to fit it. Rods wise, who knows what they would take??

as long as you don't rev it to hard they might be fine??, seen stranger things in my time with

pushing rods to the limit...revs is worse than boost thats for sure.

Edited by untubbed_20

Not sure about ke25's but on the ke30 standard engine mounts can be used. The sump will definately have to be modified to clear the crossmember.

Also 3k, 4k and 5k heads wont bolt up because the 7k block is wider than these.

 

Good luck.

 

Matt.

  • Author

so if i got mounts from a ke30 u think theyl work?

 

I will look into the head problem after the weekend.

 

Thanks heaps

Not sure about ke25's but on the ke30 standard engine mounts can be used. The sump will definately have to be modified to clear the crossmember.

Also 3k, 4k and 5k heads wont bolt up because the 7k block is wider than these.

 

Good luck.

 

Matt.

 

How do the mounts fit with the wider block?, i thought that they bolted in ke30's with KR42R townace engine

mounts

cheers

darren

I think the way the kr42 townace engine mounts bolt up to the sub-frame is completely different to that of a ke30. We used stock standard ke30 3k engine mounts without any major problems.

 

Check out these old threads for info that might be of use : http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=8712

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...k%20into%20ke10

 

Matt.

Edited by 78_7kRolla

blocks aren't wider for the head, but heads are different. 7k has 3 extra bolts below the spark plug holes. as for the conrods they are the same as 7A-FE (same part numbers) the only thing you can buy for them is "I beam" conrods. some guy does a 7A-GE engine kit - Google it

 

 

hope this helps

Edited by trd

blocks aren't wider, but heads are different. 7k has 3 extra bolts below the spark plug holes. as for the conrods they are the same as 7A-FE (same part numbers) the only thing you can buy for them is "I beam" conrods. some guy does a 7A-GE engine kit - Google it

 

 

hope this helps

 

Yes the block pan rails are wider to accomodate the extra swing of the stroke.

 

MAtt

I just googled the 7K rod thing for shits and giggles, looks like spool imports in australia

might do a group buy on h- beams , they are a good rod to. But it looks like even though the

standard rod looks skinny, they would take a decent beating with boost unless you want to be a

horsepower hero.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.